Woody's Crappiethon II

Al33

OK folks, might as well get this thang started. :yeah:

We had a great time last year despite howling wind and rain and fish not cooperating very good. Amazingly enough, we had enough to have a fish fry and feed everyone. :clap:

I personally enjoyed it so much I would like to do it again, so, if yo boys won't be too hard on me I'll get the ball rollin' and we will see where it goes. ;)

The floor is open!

Al

Woody's Janitor

Don't let Jeff get in a boat with Randy or it will RAIN!!!!!!! :bounce:

Jody Hawk

I've got a few suggestions. Like I said in another post if we fish Oconee I would like to go out of either Blue Springs Marina, Redlands or Swords. The best crappie fishing is on the upper end of the lake around the Apalachee and Oconee rivers imo. These three launching ramps are within a short drive to some fine crappie fishing. Some of our boats ain't powered by 150s !!!!! :bounce:

Another thing is we have just one weigh in. Remember last year when we fished and had the first weigh in and ate. Then we fished again and had a final weigh in. How about starting at 7 a.m. and being back at the ramp at 2 p.m. for the weigh in? Then we'll have a fish fry !!!!!!! Just a suggestion.

Come on fellows, let's get this thing put together !!!!!!

Al33

For the newer Woodyites, here is how it came together last year.

Anyone who wanted to participate replied with a post, and noted if they had a boat. Several indicated they would like to participate but did not have a boat, so those that did and had room for others paired up. It worked out perfectly, but even so, fishing from the bank isn't out of the question, especially during the early Spring.

It was determined that Oconee was the most central lake to have it at, not to mention a good lake for Spring Crappie.
We had a difference of opinions about where on the lake to have it, but we opted for the location that offered us the most convenience at the time for our cookout and launching. No matter where on the lake we have it, travel distances from other accomodations to and from the weigh-in site should be minimal.

There was a small entry fee for teams just to make it a little more interesting, but prize money was not the objective. Having a good time, fellowship, and meeting your online friends in person is what this is all about. Oh yeah, having a good fish fry too. :)

Looking forward to see what interests we have for this. Once this thing gets going good we can work out the details.

Lets pick a date first, that way many others will know ahead of time if it conflicts with their personal calendars.

Al

Randy

What are you talking about Jody? I got to redlands pretty quick with no problems.

Let me know what the date will be and I'll be there. I have a boat. If anyone wants to fish with me let me know. It'll be a little bit of a drive for me. If there is anyone in the Warner Robins area that would like to fish, let me know. I'll probably head up the night before and camp. If someone could let me know of a camping area I'd appreciate it.

Randy

Jeff,
Are we on again this time or did I scare you too bad last time? BTW, it does not matter who is in the boat with me, if I put my boat in the water it will rain.

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
Dern Skippy! I'm in!

And yes! You skeered me! But I'm in anyway!

Jody is correct, however. If we fish Oconee we should start off up the lake. Maybe then Randy will not have to put it in the air to get us to the spot in 3.6 seconds!!! :( :speechles ::gone:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
As long as deer season (GA and AL) is out I am in....who needs a partner? I will wear pants this time.

Jim

Al33

I believe turkey season will open March 19th, which is the third Saturday in March. That gives us two Saturdays prior, which are the 5th and the 12th. Other than having it on a date during turkey season or waiting until after mid-May, these are our two choices.

I am not adamately opposed to having it during turkey season (other than the opener) but wonder if many others would be. ::huh:

I am not familiar with any other events scheduled for these two dates, but if you know of one, please let the rest of us know. Seems like there were some plans by many of the members to have a turkey hunting seminar the weekend prior to the opener.

As we all know, what the weather will be this time of year is anyones guess, so it will have to be a rain or shine event.

I am open to any date from March through May, except of course, March 19th. :)

NOTE: Last year we held it on March 6th.

Al

Last edited:

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
If I can catch a ride, ya'll can count me in. The date don't matter to me as any day fishin is better than a day workin... :D

dbone

Outdoor Cafe Moderator
count me in ! I've got a pontoon so I can take several that don't have a ride !

aaron batson

FYI - There is a Guys and Dolls tournament on March 5th out of Sugar Creek Marina. They will average 50-80 boats there.

fredw

Retired Moderator
Will you guys

let an old "would be" striper fisherman participate? I'll try to talk GaCarpKiller into joining me for a ride.

Jody Hawk

Fred,
Come on, everyone is welcome !!!!!!!! We had a blast last March. Fishing was slow but Al made up for it with his fileting techniques. I never would have thought that a crappie filet would have tasted that good dropped in a little goose poop. :bounce: ::ke:

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Jody Hawk said:
Fred,
Come on, everyone is welcome !!!!!!!! We had a blast last March. Fishing was slow but Al made up for it with his fileting techniques. I never would have thought that a crappie filet would have tasted that good dropped in a little goose poop. :bounce: ::ke:

So that's what that special sauce was.... :speechles

Al33

So glad you enjoyed the fish Jody. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

Nice of you Milton to qoute Jody so all could read it again. :whip: me! :eek:

Man o man, one little slip and a guy has to live with it forever. :rolleyes: :confused: :p :p :p

I hereby nominate Jody and Milton as our official fish cleaners for this tournament. :D

Al

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
Al, we wouldn't want to take away all your fun...:D...afterall wasn't those the only fish you got to handle that day... ::ke: :bounce: ::gone: