Dc power for astro 320?

tjarr001

Does anyone use an external power for their astro 320? I like to ride with mine on all day but it kills the batteries. But regular chargers won't work. They jus put it into USB mode. Anyone got any ideas?

ishootlittlebucks

I used to with a 220. Garmin sells a DC adapter that worked with a 220, I don't know about the 320. The truck I hunt out of has something wrong with the cig lighter plug. Anything plugged into it limits the range of the Astro and also adds static to the CB. So I just buy batteries in bulk at Sams. $19 for 48 Durricells lasts all season(if I can keep my brother outta them).

grouper throat

My FIL and BIL got me started on the rechargeable batteries as we all kept battery companies in biz. So far I like them and can get nearly 2 solid hunting days from daylight to dark with them and I never turn mine off.

tjarr001

Yea I found a garmin adapter that says it powers the 320 but it's 50 bucks. Wondering what the difference is in using it and a regular phone charger with the same plug. Not sure what you do different. I used the same rechargeables and I am luck y to get 3 hours with leaving it on the whole time.

DogHunter4Life

i always had 4 rechargable and would run it all day..put 2 in there to start the day and then when those run out just stick the other 2 in there.. i never ran out of a charge