Seminole Duck Guide

Jim McRae

Hey guys, does anyone know a good duck guide that hunts Lake Seminole. I want to take my ten year old over there during Jan. and need some help finding someone to take us. Any suggestions?

Jim M.

GAGE

GONetwork Member
Try lakeseminoleguideservice.com, the guys name is Aaron Cruise! He gave me a heck of a price but I cannot fine another persin to go with!

Have fun!

Gage

QuackAddict

I guide on Seminole but it will have to be on the weekends this year. You would have a very good chance at shooting canvasbacks. PM me if you are interested and I can give you more details.

AAADawg

Duck Hunting on Seminole couldnt be an easier...if you arent to choosy about the species...if you dont mind shooting Ring Necks and Blue Bills you couldnt ask for an easeir palce. In my opinion Ring Necks are the best hunting duck there is...they decoy well, the respond to a call well and they are at least as hard to shoot as Teal. There is always the chance that a few big Ducks will swing by your spread on the lake and Teal are almost always present...but most days in my expereince it is ring necks, ring necks, and more ring necks...and thats perfectly fine with me!!!! The toughest part about duck hunting on seminole is keeping your boat in enough water to float...if you know the lake at all you will be fine....if not keep it slow and try to follow the locals channel markers...the Corp markers arent nearly as plentiful as they should be, imho. The south end of the lake has always been good for me...any where near Wingates is pretty good...the idea is to find an island or a big clump of grass, put out as mny Decoys as you can get and hide the boat and wade in the grass....it is realy that simle!!! I always use at least 6 dozen mallard dekes and try to put them in a fish hook pattern....but I have usedjust a straight line of decoys with some luck.....the ringnecks, unlikemost divers, seem to want to land n the pocket of the J...most divers will usually land at the tail end of the rig or a ways away and swim into it...I guess they are afraid that the stupid mallards will jump off the water and run into them if theyfly low over them...ringnecks don' seem to mind!!!! I maigine if you dont call and dont have any dekes you coudl still have some prety good pass shooting off some points and islands on Seminole....I just happen to like turning a flight of birds and watching the come to the spread like they are on aleash.....thast why I like ringnecks...they arent as choosy as most ducks and usually only circle once if at all...and will alomost always respoond to a good comeback call, at least once!!! I have meant to buy several dozen diver decoys to use at Seminole but every year I use the Mallards and they dont seem to mind, they stilljust poor in!!! We almsot always see a few Cans and Redheads on our trips to Seminole and even saw a small flight of Snow Geese last year...I hve no idea where they came form or where they were headed but they werethere!!!! If you hunt at all on your onw a guide inst necessary at Seminole...it is about as easy as duck huntung gets in Georgia.....