duckroost 11-9

HOG-HEAD

We had a good crowd this morning. .had about 30 hunters..first drive was in the river. .dk , sweets, lindell and myself turning out...all the dogs were running in minutes and soon there was just a steady roar that filled the swamp...only to be interrupted by an ocassional gun shot or report of a buck being seen...after about a hour long race some of the dogs finally put enough heat on ole big boy to get him out of the swamp and straight to the hill he went...and he found a first time dog hunter to pick on...they were burning him up...all of the sudden BAM....dead tree ...big buck gone..
Second drive was the cutoff block snowman, juicy , little scott and dogwater turned out.. dogs running everywhere , deer slipping out everywhere...especially where there were gaps between standers...great races one that ended with little mutt getting a broke up 8 pt...then down on river 11 our moderator fred w ended one with a nice doe...
After lunch we went to the jinx trail drive ..it was time for my group to turn out...they were all running in minutes...lots of them getting out of the dr I've...dks dog jumped a good buck that crossed in n out of the standers for 20 minutes when finally he crossed out on juicy (he was eating a sandwich in the truck)...we caught the dogs...then a stander shot at a buck coming into the drive......lindell put the blue dog mafia on him and they were burning him down on a 30 min race that I ended on the shed rd..
Third drive was beehive block. ..only turned out the dk pack beacause of being close to neighbors...after some good running and some missing we only got a big ole slick..
Last drive of the day ..me n dogwater n snowman turned out in big block ..all 3 packs jumped bucks...man what a race...the one my dog were running came back to where they jumped him and ran into dogwaters pack...then they all got on him...burning him up...one of those 30 min races where they stay in the block..back n forth ..round n round..nobody had to move...it finally crossed out on a stander who couldn't shoot him beacausr it wad to dark to see him..only could hear him crashing across rd..
Great day at the roost that ended with great races , great time with family n friends n 5 deer killed

Flaustin1

Havnt been on a dog hunt in 9 yrs. Brought back some good memories. Love it man!

fredw

Retired Moderator
Hog Head, I enjoy your recaps of the hunt!

It was a fun day.....see you on Wednesday.

DOG WATER

Here is a few pics from 11-9-13 fun....

Attachments

• mail.google.coma.jpg
    mail.google.coma.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 659
  • mail.google.comb.jpg
    mail.google.comb.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 680
  • mail.google.comc.jpg
    mail.google.comc.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 678
  • mail.google.come.jpg
    mail.google.come.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 667
  • mail.google.comd.jpg
    mail.google.comd.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 663
  • mail.google.comf.jpg
    mail.google.comf.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 676

Dreamer69

Thank you so much for the stories. It sure does bring back memories for me and missing it even more. Keep them coming please.