Question

LJay

Retired Mod
I have just removed a wild rose bush from my yard. I have severl pieces approximatly 2" in diameter by 16 to 18" long. Is this stuff any good for anything? If so, You can have it. I don't do any wood work.

LJay

Retired Mod
Does this mean this wood is no good for anything?????? shore is hard, had to cut it with the ol' Poulan.

dutchman

Maybe everyone else is like you and me...ignorant as to what could be done with such a piece of wood. Surely Burl E. could find a good use for it.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I don`t know what it`s good for, but I can tell you what it will do. If you drive to close to it with a ridin` mower or open cab tractor and let it get its hooks in you, it will drag you off the seat in a hurry!! Trust me, this is experience talkin`!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

LJay

Retired Mod
I don`t know what it`s good for, but I can tell you what it will do. If you drive to close to it with a ridin` mower or open cab tractor and let it get its hooks in you, it will drag you off the seat in a hurry!! Trust me, this is experience talkin`!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yep, that's the reason this 'un ain't there no more!!!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

dutchman

If nobody with any real skill speaks up and wants it, I'll take it, LJay. The Boy Scouts taking Woodcarving Merit Badge can whittle it into tooth picks or some other useful item.;)

Burl E.

Hmmmmm........

Maybe everyone else is like you and me...ignorant as to what could be done with such a piece of wood. Surely Burl E. could find a good use for it.

Hhhmmm, let me think...................................................................

It's 16 to 18" long and 2" thick and covered with thorns. Hhhmmmm.........................................

:bounce: I Know what I could use it for. I could whip my kids with it, yea that's what I could do. :whip:

I bet that wouldn't take but one time for them to get a little "adjustment" and I could sit it on my dresser.

Then I would not have to worry any more about:
1)back talk
2) fighting
3) cleaning their room
4) picking on each other
5) not doing their chores
6) sweeping
7) picking up clothes
8) taking a bath
9) doing their homework
157) feeding the dog and cat
158) and finaly ....showing respect

Yea, I'll take it and I'll be glad to get it.
Heck, if you got some smart mouthed kids I'll put you a nice wood, hand turned handle on one for you too. :huh:

LJay

Retired Mod
Ok Burl, then do your thang. They are yours. I just didn't see throwing them away.