Team #16 "Spur Collectors"

turkeyed

Squeaky
4x4offroad99
pnome
Buck Roar

This is your team thread to converse, discuss strategy, etc... :fine:

If you want a team name please pm me the name and I will change it.

Best of Luck!:cheers:

Last edited:

4x4

Whatevers good with me I'm ready to blow a gobblers head off :shoot::shoot::shoot:
What counties u guys hunt?

Oglethorpe here

Squeaky

Hi guys checking in. I'm good with Spur Collectors or whatever y'all would like is cool with me.

I don't hunt GA unless a good buddy invites me to hunt his lease. I live in Bama an will hunt there a few weeks once season opens. My April will be spent hunting IL, KY, MO and IA. In May I'm hunting NE and NW KS.

Good luck and be safe!!

pnome

Hey there team!

I've got a good feeling about this season. Lots of turkey roaming around my hunting club.

I'm fine with the name too.

4x4

So whose a rookie and whose a veteran in the turkey woods? This will be my 4th season, I began my turkey addiction in 2010 and been hooked ever since. Ive killed my limit every season since then and even called in a few for friends.

Never killed a jake, dont ever plan on it either.

It looks to be like we have a solid team, I am very pleased with my teammates. I will admit compared to most on this forum I am a rookie but I have learned how to be a successful turkey hunter. It helps to have awesome property too.

Squeaky

I've been chasing thunder chickens for 27 years so I've learned how to be successful in that time frame. Also as you stated it really helps to have good property to hunt.

We have a small delima with the rules and my season. Our season opens on the 15th and we can't enter a bird until the 22nd. There is a good chance I'll have an opportunity at a bird before then. The good news is I have plenty of hunts lined up elsewhere. Also the property I plan to hunt opening week doesn't generally produce high scoring birds.

4x4

Ive been out to 2 properties before daylight and I have herd multiple gobblers roosting in the same general area. I hope to find out which way they are pitching off the limb so I can intercept one right off the roost.

pnome

I'm neither rookie nor veteran. Journeyman would be a better term. I've been hunting turkey for the past 8 years.

4x4

Whats yalls opinion on this-

If I call in a turkey that sports a full fan, he is getting shot in the face:shoot:

For the first bird at least lol I cant pass up a mature gobbler

Buck Roar

Been Turkey Hunting since i was 8. 14 now. Haven't been able to lock one up yet. Last year had one gobbling on roost everything then shutup. This will be the year though. I like the looks of our team.

4x4

Been Turkey Hunting since i was 8. 14 now. Haven't been able to lock one up yet. Last year had one gobbling on roost everything then shutup. This will be the year though. I like the looks of our team.

What counties u hunt? If your close you can come hunt with me

Oh snap lol I reckon I may have to come hunt with you since you cant drive to my places...no worries I will help u get on a bird if at all possible.

Buck Roar

What counties u hunt? If your close you can come hunt with me

Oh snap lol I reckon I may have to come hunt with you since you cant drive to my places...no worries I will help u get on a bird if at all possible.

Towns, Union, and possibly Wilkes county.

4x4

Towns, Union, and possibly Wilkes county.

If you cant get it done by mid season I will make a trip up there to hunt with you, as long as its ok with the other members in your hunting club.

I will give you the best advise you can get.
In Ga, a little bit of calling goes 10x further than a lot of calling. If one gobbles back at you, shut up and wait.

Buck Roar

If you cant get it done by mid season I will make a trip up there to hunt with you, as long as its ok with the other members in your hunting club.

I will give you the best advise you can get.
In Ga, a little bit of calling goes 10x further than a lot of calling. If one gobbles back at you, shut up and wait.

Ok. Thanks. Club is in Wilkes. In Towns i hunt my property and union Coopers creek WMA.

4x4

I plan on getting a gobbler within 30 yds directly in front of my Mossberg.

I been listening for a few weeks now I hope they dont change their patterns.

Squeaky, pnome, I need your advise.
For the first birds that are killed by any of us, do we need to talk it over with each other before entering a kill?

I know of one gobbler that I left last season with a grudge match, the one time I was able to get on him last season a flipppin' coyote ran it off as it was commited to coming to my calling. I know last year he was a 3 yr old and it may be mid season before I even begin to hunt him. I know he will be worth entering