Team #13 "Gobble Knockers"

turkeyed

jrmcc
shawn mills
killerv
ts602

This is your team thread to converse, discuss strategy, etc... :fine:

If you want a team name please pm me the name and I will change it.

Best of Luck!:cheers:

Last edited:

shawn mills

I'm responding first. Dubb us the Gobble Knockers!

shawn mills

Where ya hunting v? I have 400 acres in pine mtn. 300 acres in Walton, 750 acres in warren and 7000 acres in Kentucky and will be hunting the first week of season on PNWR. Got drawn for the first hunt and it's a killer!

Will-dawg

Where ya hunting v? I have 400 acres in pine mtn. 300 acres in Walton, 750 acres in warren and 7000 acres in Kentucky and will be hunting the first week of season on PNWR. Got drawn for the first hunt and it's a killer!

I want in on that 7000 in KY!! :biggrin2:

shawn mills

You know your always welcome Will. Season open April 12th. I'm headed up on the 10th!

killerv

I have a few tracts in Wilkinson Co. All within 15 minutes of each other at the most. Probably 1300 acres total. Two of them I feel pretty confident in. Limited out with all long beards fairly quick last year. Not gonna lie, we started TBall this year. I imagine they'll be a time or two I show up at the ball park in camo.

shawn mills

I hear ya V! Maybe we can get together during season and match wits with a few ol long spurs! My # is 404-427-5845. Call me anytime!

shawn mills

Ok guys , where' s our other two? Y'all chime in and make yerselves known!

jrmcc

I think it's safe to say with a 8 bird limit and 4 good hunters with some hunting multiple states, probably don't need to enter anything under a 7-8 point bird to be competitive . What do yall think?

shawn mills

It's tuff to come across 8 birds that score multiple points over 5. There are some killers in this competition! You maybe right. I should be good for 3 good uns this year!

shawn mills

Hope you aren't waiting for NC season to open! You gonna hunt that north ga property aren't ya?

jrmcc

I've got something planned opening weekend of Georgia, but hope to hunt some before nc opens. I usually tag out in nc and try to kill a bird or two in ga if iv got the time. Been seeing some good birds the past few days.

shawn mills

Awesome! Keep us posted ! We should have a good first week!

jaymax

Hey there Shawn! Looks like you're starting to turkey hunt again! Welcome! Glad you got in the challenge! Sure hope you get to hunt all that land u got! I know you got your feet wet last year with them 2 Jakes you killed, but you gonna need to step it up s notch this year( ya know for the contest and all)..I heard you got the birds mounted fighting each other or something? I got my first bird mounted to. You still gonna shoot that side by side .410 this year? If not, I got first dibs! That thing reached out last year! Both them Jakes were over 20 I heard! Awesome! Good luck this season! I'm sure your teammates will help u out if you got any questions!

shawn mills

Hey there Shawn! Looks like you're starting to turkey hunt again! Welcome! Glad you got in the challenge! Sure hope you get to hunt all that land u got! I know you got your feet wet last year with them 2 Jakes you killed, but you gonna need to step it up s notch this year( ya know for the contest and all)..I heard you got the birds mounted fighting each other or something? I got my first bird mounted to. You still gonna shoot that side by side .410 this year? If not, I got first dibs! That thing reached out last year! Both them Jakes were over 20 I heard! Awesome! Good luck this season! I'm sure your teammates will help u out if you got any questions!
Actually jay, in all honesty, I only killed one of them jakes. I was driving through jasper county ( I gotta stay off the interstates with these coke bottle lens glasses) and I hit that rascal with my minivan! He was a floppin something fierce! Princess, my seeing eye dog finished it off. She done good! The few feathers she tore up make the fighting mount more realistic! I sold the trusty .410( ol butterball) to pay for my liver pills so I'm using my other one, it was my pappys muzzleloading shot gun. It works well with aquarium gravel loads I whoop up myself! Good luck to all y'all fellers too! If I can get this whoopin cough tamed y'all's gunna need it!

turkeyed

Actually jay, in all honesty, I only killed one of them jakes. I was driving through jasper county ( I gotta stay off the interstates with these coke bottle lens glasses) and I hit that rascal with my minivan! He was a floppin something fierce! Princess, my seeing eye dog finished it off. She done good! The few feathers she tore up make the fighting mount more realistic! I sold the trusty .410( ol butterball) to pay for my liver pills so I'm using my other one, it was my pappys muzzleloading shot gun. It works well with aquarium gravel loads I whoop up myself! Good luck to all y'all fellers too! If I can get this whoopin cough tamed y'all's gunna need it!

:rofl::rofl:

killerv

I think it's safe to say with a 8 bird limit and 4 good hunters with some hunting multiple states, probably don't need to enter anything under a 7-8 point bird to be competitive . What do yall think?

I guess that'll depend on how quick we get some 7-8pt birds under our belt. But I agree.

But I would say any team that is able to enter 8 longbeards definitely did their part no matter the outcome. I guess it comes down to who took the best 8!

You won't see any jakes or "super" jakes from me but as long as I'm confident its a 2 year old or better, full fan, it dies if its within range of me. 5pt bird won't disappoint me but I understand it might not be counted. Looking at the point system this year and applying it to last years birds. I was at 20-21ish.