Team #2 "Dawn's Crackers"

turkeyed

Slings and Arrows
lock on
Offroadtek
struttin n ruttin

This is your team thread to converse, discuss strategy, etc... :fine:

If you want a team name please pm me the name and I will change it.

Best of Luck!:cheers:

Last edited:

jaymax

Hey there loc on!! Looks like you got the date for the opener right this year:biggrin2: Funny how you thought it opened mid April last year! Guess u confused it with another state. You ever find a gun to kill a turkey with? I know u hunted with that crossbow last year and had a few misses(told u not to shoot over 80 yards). I've seen a few on gon for sale lately. I'll keep my eyes open..I just saw a single shot 20 gauge there last night. Had a 28" barrel .Go check it out...I bet that would put a whoopin on one!! Good luck this season!

lock on

I'm going old school with the recurve 1st 4 months then I may switch to the 12 g, Jaymax. Just not good at reading the calendar when it comes to each state and regulations.

shawn mills

I'm going old school with the recurve 1st 4 months then I may switch to the 12 g, Jaymax. Just not good at reading the calendar when it comes to each state and regulations.

Who needs regs right Loc on:shoot::huh:

Offroadtek

Hey Guys, I'm checking in. Can't wait till the 22nd! With no mug shots this year we can't tell how everyone did last year. I got 2 birds in 12'. 1 public land, 1 private. In 13' I got 1 private bird and 2 public.
Jason

What suggestions ya'll got for a team name?

Spinnerbait

Lock on are we gonna run some turkey drives in kentucky again? That was a lot of fun last year until that whole "hen incident".

lock on

That's what I'm talking about Shawn. I'd rather take that gun at the end of your comment. I could get hens and all. Lol. Spinnerbait the farmer called me this morning and the birds seem to be running a rub line so we will probably hunt from lock ons (Hence my username) because they won't expect us from above. Kudzu late in the afternoon should be lethal as well.

jaymax

Kudzu is dead this time of year Loc on...ha, shows how much you know about the wilderness

jaymax

Loc on...ur so funny..I can't believe you put a picture of that bird I killed in ur avatar.. I'll get you a better one this year and we'll just keep that secret between me and u....shhhh

lock on

Jaymax that's the best time to hunt it for turkey. They are eating kudzu bugs that are coming out from being dormant all winter. It's like cocaine for turkey. I've witnessed them walk through corn to get to it. Try it this year & you might kill your 2nd gobbler. Oh thanks for the bird in my avatar.

Slings and Arrows

Hey y'all good to hear from the team already. Turkeys in FL are fired up now. Hope GA birds are ready for the 22nd. Ttyl

lock on

Glad were all here. Guys we've been cutting up with some of our messages. I hope y'all are ready to slam some birds. I got some pretty good property in Kentucky and I hunt all over pickens & gilmer counties. Slings & arrows have you had a chance to hunt fla yet?

Slings and Arrows

I had some family matters to attend to during s zone opener but my buddy shot a good one down at Big Cyprus. I scouted a freinds ranch and he's got plenty of birds. I will set up a bird for my 10 yr old son first then get mine. I wont get to hunt there until after GA opener (deer camp in Troup Co). If I can stack an Eastern and an Osciola before end of March, the wife will let me go to Oklahoma for their opener. I will hunt third week at Peidmont National Wildlife refuge. You might also find me at Blue Ridge, Cedar Creek, Allatoona, Pine Log, West Point WMAs. In May I'm off to the Black Hills for a Merriams or two. Loc on, I've never had the opportunity to hunt KY but the hills (and birds) there are beautiful.

lock on

Yeah I'm fortunate to have a killer farm to hunt there that's stacked with birds. I'm dying for an Osceola. I got some hook ups out west but wanna get an Osceola before I try for a slam. I'm ready for the opener I know that.

Slings and Arrows

Public land in Florida is tougher than Cedar Creek WMA. The better WMAs here require a permit or draw the first couple weeks. Then it becomes a free for all. Osceolas don't sound off as well as other sub-species and spring comes early. Hunters, vegitation and insects are thick. I'm done with Florida by end of March. I'd have y'all down if I had some private land here.

lock on

I'm up for any name. Just wanna finish towards the top. That's cool, I wanna find something for next year for sure to try. I don't mind paying for a good place to kill 1. I killed 1 in north fla several years back but it was an eastern.