Thank you jigman29, my first native brook trout!

Jigman29 was kind enough to offer to take a relative novice out after mountain trout (previous thread on this forum). And I was the fortunate person to have my name picked out of the hat!

Trip was set for the past Saturday and undeterred by the changeable weather I left Atlanta in the early hours to head up to the mountains.

After a bit of breakfast we went out to the first creek. Weather was not the best, but the mountains still looked amazing. I knew it would be tight fishing, I guess I just did not realize how small the creeks would be! It was a challenge just reaching the creek bottom! It look a bit of getting use to, but with a bit of guidance and patience I netted my first brook trout. Color on the fish was incredible. And it happened to be my first trout netted in the USA, having moved from the UK 7 months ago.

A couple more followed, even with the damp conditions. We later moved on to another creek with wild rainbows. Caught a few including one decent sized rainbow. Enough to take a few home - lightly dusted in flour and fan fried they tasted great!

Simply incredible experience with a super nice and knowledgable guy - genuine gentleman.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 549

Dr. Strangelove

Now that's my kind of stream! Good job sir, and congratulations to you and your intrepid guide.

jigman29

It was a real pleasure to meet you.I have to say I took you in some pretty rough places and you always just followed me right in.I wish the weather would have been better but maybe you can come up again and we can have a better day.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing your adventure with us! :cheers:

WinMag.300

now thats fun!

John I. Shore

Good Stuff there! Good job!

John I.

Randy

Great stuff. More people should do this.

Geffellz18

Awesome! Glad you guys had some success even in less than ideal conditions. Havent seen many trout, but the brook has to be one of the prettiest I've ever seen. Amazing colors.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR