Do you believe in possession?

Do you believe possessions happen in today's world?

• Yes

Votes: 34 82.9%
  • No

Votes: 7 17.1%

• Total voters

GeauxLSU

Not bibilcial accounts, I'm talking about do you believe it happens TODAY?
How it manifests itself is up for discussion but just do you believe it exists?

pnome

Nope. It's pretty easy to see that what people in biblical times thought of as demonic possesion was just mental illness or something like that.

GeauxLSU

Nope. It's pretty easy to see that what people in biblical times thought of as demonic possesion was just mental illness or something like that.
I specifically said "not biblical accounts".

Randy

I can not give a clear yes or no and here is why....

I believe the Devil does possess people, all of us at some point or another are possessed by him. But the ones who truely act possessed are off a little to begin with in my opinion.

BDAWG

THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN POSSESSION AND OPRESSION.

jcarter

Banned
possession is nine tenths of the law.

SBG

I believe that people that have not been saved can be and sometimes are possessed. However, it is impossible for a truly saved person to be demon possessed.

Handgunner

I am sure it exists today. If you have any doubt, I'll give you my ex's phone number, and you can verify it.

Killdee

I am sure it exists today. If you have any doubt, I'll give you my ex's phone number, and you can verify it.

When I saw you responded to this I knew how you would answer,I think I agree.

On the original question I dont know.

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
Ive been thinking some folks on this board are possessed

FESTUSHAGGIN

i believe in the devil. if you believe in god then you have to believe in the devil. good can not exist without evil by definition. if there was no eveil then there would be no opposite of the spectrum to base good on. i do believe that we all have demons and there are things that people do that leads them closer to following a path that satan would prefer. wide is the path to destruction. straight and narrow is the way to the lord. not quoted exactly. but do i believe that a body can be possesed in the respect that you are reffering to. the answer is no. doesnt mean its not possible i just dont believe it.

GeauxLSU

I guess I should have made this a 2 part question.
Festus, do you believe these verses http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew 4:24;8:16; Mark 3:22; Luke 4:41 (especially the last) are NOT referring to possession? Or are you saying you believed it used to happen but not anymore or it never happened at all?
Just wondering.

Though, I've never seen it, never even heard about it second hand, I have absolutely zero problem believing it happens. Matter of fact, I would assume it would have to happen.

NC Hunter

I don't think it is really that much of a stretch to believe in possession. I believe that God and Satan both exist. I believe there are people who are completely sold out to God and look to do His bidding daily. Why would it be so hard to believe there are people who are equally sold out to satan?

When we think about possession we tend to think of the Exorcist. I don't think Satan will take a little girl and turn her head around on her body, but I think he can enter the body of someone who willingly, or otherwise allows him too. That's when we see things like we've seen the last few weeks in our schools.

People see these unspeakable acts of cowardice and say the guy must have been crazy. I say he was possessed by evil.

FESTUSHAGGIN

I don't think it is really that much of a stretch to believe in possession. I believe that God and Satan both exist. I believe there are people who are completely sold out to God and look to do His bidding daily. Why would it be so hard to believe there are people who are equally sold out to satan?

When we think about possession we tend to think of the Exorcist. I don't think Satan will take a little girl and turn her head around on her body, but I think he can enter the body of someone who willingly, or otherwise allows him too. That's when we see things like we've seen the last few weeks in our schools.

People see these unspeakable acts of cowardice and say the guy must have been crazy. I say he was possessed by evil.

i agree with this statement. phil i think i may have been misunderstood when you read my post. this is more what i was trying to say