Variety Pack

duckbill

One of things I love about bream is the many different varieties. I tried a small 10 acre pond this morning. The dog days have the bite slow, but I managed about a dozen bream and a couple of bass. Pictured are bluegill, red breast and shell cracker. I caught a nice hybrid that I didn't get a good pic of. It was a bluegill/shell cracker mix. Didn't catch any whoppers, but it was still fun.

flyfisher76544

Nice!!! Been having better luck with nymphs and streamers. They are just in deeper/cooler water.

duckbill

Nice!!! Been having better luck with nymphs and streamers. They are just in deeper/cooler water.

Yeah. I caught about half on the surface and half down deep. Usually get about 1/2 hour of topwater and that's it. The strikes are lazy, too.

flyfisher76544

I know what you mean, water temp out on the river this weekend was sickening.... 84 degrees and felt like bath water. Best time we had was at first light, then we had to go deep. Beaded hares ear and a wooly worm dropper behind it. This coming weekend should be good..... full moon on the 12th.