I'll be on the river at daylight in the morning!

Jack Flynn

Should be great! Water is right and so is the moon. Could not stand it and acquired another new rod this afternoon. TFO BVK 8 foot 3 wt from Cabela's. Popped the Redington Rise II 3/4 reel on it and it feels superb in the front yard. Gonna try and do a video in the morning that I can post here. Will be some rod bending action with the Booglebug the weapon of choice.

John I. Shore

Good luck, keep us posted!

John I.

Jack Flynn

River update lol...

The fish were not cooperating at all. Five hours maybe 10 fish only one nice one. Now the morning started out bad! Foggy was an understatement on the river. However before that I had a mishap. You'll enjoy this.
I'm by myself so I always tie a 40' rope to the front cleat then launch the boat, pull up the truck a tad so I don't have to step out of the truck in the water. Then I pull the boat over to the dock and tie it off. However this morning when I launched things did not work as planned. The rope was held steadfast by the truck tire being on it and the rope just slid through the back and forth threaded type of cleat lol. I pulled up the truck hopped out to pulled it up and the rope was not attached to the boat!!!!!! So now the boat is backing across the river and easing downstream..........to the falls at the lock! Well I ran out to the end of the dock, started stripping down to my shorts, emptied my pockets looked at the moss and dove in to swim out and get it. Grabbed the front eye and swam it back, 67 degree water! Foggy as heck and very cold. Then the fish wouldn't cooperate. What a morning, Lawd! BTW nobody was there yet....... Now the TFO BVK 3 wt rod......... Well it has such a fast action and tip that the one big bluegill I caught today only flexed about the first 18 or so inches when fighting. It's back at Cabelas on the way home. WOW what a stiff rod. Gonna check out a different one soon. I want an 8 to 9 ft 3 wt that will flex fully when loaded with a fish, not just the tip. Fun morning.................

Bigtimber

Well that would have been a funny video....shame you didn't have the camera hooked up lol.

goblr77

:rofl: Sounds like a trip to forget. I thought my iPhone taking a dive in the water last week was bad. I guess that was small time stuff. Thanks for the info on the TFO BVK.

ROAM

i recently picked up a tfo kreh signature off ebay that will flex down to the cork. do love the bvk for bass though

Jack Flynn

i recently picked up a tfo kreh signature off ebay that will flex down to the cork. do love the bvk for bass though

Yep the BVK would be great for bigger fish. I have a 3 wt TFO Lefty sig pro II also in 7.5 ft that is superb, and just ordered the same rod from Cabelas in 8.5 ft 3 wt. If it's anything like the 7.5 just longer it's gonna be a keeper! I've got way to many fast action rods already.

Bream Pole

tfo

Glad to hear about the 3 wt TFO LK pro II 7.5. Just bought one with reel and fly line guy said had used 3 times (looked new for $99 and free shipping--buy it now) Hasn't arrived, but really looking forward to it. I have a 5 wt 9' and love it.