Ever heard this??

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Heard a man say that former Pres. Jimmy Carter said that Christians and Muslims worship the same GOD.

Anyone ever read/hear this?

reylamb

I have heard it. Islam traces it's origins back to Ishmael, one of Abraham's sons, the nation of Israel also traces it's origins back to Abraham. Both religions, and also Judeo Christian sects also, trace themselves to Abraham, so all believe they are worshiping the God of Abraham. That is where the similarities end.

Hawkeye

Jimmy Carter ? I think Bushhas also said it.

Islam traced back to Ishmael, I think not, Islam is only 1400 years old

PWalls

I have heard it. Islam traces it's origins back to Ishmael, one of Abraham's sons, the nation of Israel also traces it's origins back to Abraham. Both religions, and also Judeo Christian sects also, trace themselves to Abraham, so all believe they are worshiping the God of Abraham. That is where the similarities end.

I agree. When Abraham and Sarah took it upon themselves to fabricate a child instead of waiting on God, a son was had that is the father of the muslim race. OR, at least, that is what I have always been taught.

reylamb

Jimmy Carter ? I think Bushhas also said it.

Islam traced back to Ishmael, I think not, Islam is only 1400 years old

The nation of Islam ancestrally traces it's heritage back to Ishmael. The Muslim religion traces it's history back as far as Baal by all historical records. Much of it was oral record, as is the case of early Judeaism. Mohammed claimed to have received his vision, and the Koran in it's entirety from the God of Abraham, and that became the modern Muslim faith we know now. Arabs and the nation of Isreal have a common grandfather, many times removed granted, but still both nations come out of Abraham.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
I agree that the two are not worshiping the same God. My point was if Carter (or anyone else) said it, then they are mistaken.