Trophy Goose from Nebraska

DDD

Winter Weatherman
I go every fall and hunt geese and pheasants in Nebraska and the pits that I hunt geese out of send out a daily hunting report with pictures. I just got this report and thought I would share it with you fine folks. The guide of the pits is Ralph Kohler, he was inducted into the Sportsman's Hall of Fame this past summer for guiding hunts and preservation of ducks for over 50+ years. He has been married to the same woman for 68 years. He is 86 years old and is having this goose mounted because in all his years of hunting he has never seen one like it. I will post the report that I recieved underneath the pictures. There is some humor involved in the report.

Any guesses to this goose's origins?

bigbrest002.jpg

RKandKEv004.jpg

Kevwithgoose.jpg

The forth day of the season, and boy, have I got a report today. Had four big geese come in and we harvested all 4, but one of these geese, is the BIG STORY. for the year, the season, and maybe for a lifetime.

If you haven't checked out the pictures you will be soon. It is one of the four. This is a big bird over 12 lbs and may be near the 14 lbs.

Check out the orange feet like a Speck, but as big as a Canada. Check out the picture where Ralph has it's head and feet close together and see the beak is orange. A little bit of the white ring around the beak, like a Whitefront. there is a white breast like a Speck has a couple of black feathers like there could be some bar in its future. To the picture with RK in it, Check under RK's thumb and you can see a slight cheek patch like a Canada. Look at the size of the goose. Is it a cross between a Speck and a Canada?????????????? Or is it some goose that does not come this way very often. RK said in the 102 years he has hunted he has never seen anything like it, and we want to have it mounted, and are working on getting it done as I type. This is defiantly a trophy.

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
Interesting pics and

story too:cool:

Thanks for sharing them with us:clap:

S

Sugar Hill Scouter

What's up with all those geese in the background? Are they decoys, or just dumb birds wanting to get shot?:huh:

DDD

Winter Weatherman
The geese in the background are decoys.

There was another report that went out yesterday, and a biologist explained the colors on the goose. You have to appreciate the humor this old boy uses.

"Reports back on the Rare goose. They are Rare, but they (the Waterfowl Biologist at Game and Parks) say that it is a cross between a domestic Goose and a Canada Goose. Well things don't happen like that here in Burt county, Nebraska, so how was we to know? Our Local geese have better morals than that.":bounce: :bounce: