My first deer!!!

outdoorgirl

Her are some pictures of the first deer I have ever killed. I had to share them with ya'll. :banana:

I killed her at 9:15 this morning with my crossbow. I hadn't seen anything all morning and I was about to give up until I heared her heading my way. I waited until she walked into an opening about 20-25 yards away before I shot her. As soon as the arrow hit, she jumped in the air and ran out to the power line. I knew I hit her because my arrow was still sticking out of her side. It was almost a gut shot.
After tracking her for about 10 minutes we found blood where she had been laying...we heard her get up and run off twice. I knew she couldn't go far because she was bleeding bad. The blood trail got easier to follow and there she was. Finally...my first deer. :yeah:

Attachments

• 2006_1014Image0004.JPG
    2006_1014Image0004.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 990
  • 2006_1014Image0006.JPG
    2006_1014Image0006.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 768
  • 2006_1014Image0003.JPG
    2006_1014Image0003.JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 719

Arrow3

Congrats on your first deer!

Sharpshooter

Congratulations!!!

Shotgun Shooter

First deer.

:yeah: A very big congratulations to you!:

Snakeman

Congratulations, outdoorgirl.

How long and loud did you scream and holler after that?:biggrin2:

The Snakeman

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Congratulations Jennifer! Hope that is the first of many for you! :cheers:

Swamprat

Swamprat
Congrats on a fine deer. The first is always the most memorable.

Now you need to go out and get you one with some built in draggin handles.

outdoorgirl

Congratulations, outdoorgirl.

How long and loud did you scream and holler after that?:biggrin2:

The Snakeman

I wanted to holler "woo-hoo!" after I shot her, but I didn't. I didn't stay in my stand longer than 5 minutes after I shot her though. I just had to go tell someone. The adrenaline was flowing!...still is!

georgian76

congrads and good job, nice deer:cheers:

btw, like your picture, nothing better than a pretty girl and a bag of corn::ke:

hunter rich

Nice job! Your first deer is always the most memorable, but any deer with a stick and string (even a crossbow) is special.