Trail Cam Picture..Almost

frankwright

SUNP0002-2.jpg
I almost got this buck on my new trail cam. It is located about 150 yards from my stand but it is a brush and sapling choked creek bottom and it is difficult to see very far.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
There`s a lotta antler on his head!

Handgunner

Nice buck!

Frank, next time you check your camera, angle it either up, or down the trail... Not directly across it. If you angle your camera down or up the trail, your camera will cover more of the trail allowing you to catch the deer well before he gets to it. Allowing plenty of time for your camera to trigger and get him while he's in full frame.

The way it's set up now, the deer is mostly out of the frame due to how close the trail is. Like you, I found this out the hard way and got only the back 1/2 of a nice rack and large bodied buck.

If you angle your camera up or down the trail, you are covering roughly 16-20' of trail, depending on the angle. By setting it up to intersect the trail, you are only covering about 6-8' of the trail.

Angle it and you'll be glad you did.

Buck

Gotta love those trail cameras! You’ll definitely be sittin’ on the edge of your seat come opening day.

frankwright

Actually it is not a trail, just pointing in the general area. The area is so full of sweet gums and little maples and oaks that the deer do not follow any particular trail.

The camera is just aiming down and across the dry creek ditch. Here is another picture from the same spot.

generalareacam-1.jpg

Whitefeather

Management Material
Mr. Frank,
Is that a Y-Not buck?

Handgunner

I see. Nice looking spot.