Shot the bow tonight...

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Sure did feel good to get a few arrows off. I normally do not shoot at all during rifle season (dont hunt with it after the long gun gets broke out). Are you still shooting, or is it too cold for you poor lazy souls :bounce:

Jim

J.T.

I probably shoot mine once a week. I shoot off of my back porch into a "Block" that is approx. 2.5 feet off the ground. Since I'm not in a club this year and the closest WMA is Sheffield I like to stay in practice especially while it's cold. IT sure is alot harder shooting in a heavy coat than shorts and a t-shirt.

matthewsman

shot mine tonight too

had to warm it up....I'm going in the morning.....I gun hunt some,but bowhunt so hard from opener on I get a little burnt out about time the rut kicks in....I haven't seen anything big yet this year and will be working the first so this is my last chance.........

kcausey

Banned
A few of us

I haven't picked up my rifle but two times this year, killed three deer. I culled a 3 1/2 year old cow horn the other evening at my buddy's club, that was the second time i had picked up my rifle all year. Did feel pretty good to knock one for a loop. Almost shot a 130 class 8 pointer they have been getting pictures of...he was fighting with another deer 75 yards or so behind me, couldn't ever get a good shot as he limped by flanking me.

tknight

No it's not too cold, on cold mornings I try to draw my bow once per hour just to help keep the arms loose. Try it.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
I bowhunt only the little piece of land I hunt in Carroll County. So once or twice a week I get to break out the bow. It is indeed harder to draw with cold weather gear on!

flat foot

We hunt all year long with the bows, and being on base (USAF) we can hunt the pigs through the end of Feb. March the Turkeys come calling so there is not much time during the year my friends and I don't shoot. Two years ago Me and a friend went to West Virgina on a December Bowhunting trip, Opening morning was 15 degree's. This Florida Boy got climatized pretty fast. Since then shooting cold has not been as bad.

BowArrow

I try to bowhunt three,four times a week and I shoot my bow the day before I go to make sure sight has not moved. It only takes two or three shots to check my sight.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
tknight said:
No it's not too cold, on cold mornings I try to draw my bow once per hour just to help keep the arms loose. Try it.
Tknight, when on stand with a bow I try to do the same. Really helps keep loose for the shot.

Jim

Randy

I shoot every day. Have not picked up a long gun for deer in 2 years.

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
If the truth was known, Jim was probably shooting in his warm basement rather than out in the cold as he would leave you to believe.... :bounce: :whip: :D

reylamb

3 Weeks ago I broke down my backup hunting bow and reconfigured it back to my target setup, and I began shooting indoor league.

I have not hunted with a gun in 5 years, I hunt bow only for everything all year, and shoot weekly almost daily.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
huntnnut said:
If the truth was known, Jim was probably shooting in his warm basement rather than out in the cold as he would leave you to believe.... :bounce: :whip: :D

Dont let the secret out! Actually since we moved into a bigger house with a bigger basement and more rooms etc....Jill has decided to use the basement and I do not have a place to shoot anymore! Does that make any sense to you? Bigger everything, but no shooting in the basement anymore.

Jim