Where to find a crane truck?

Horns

I work for a small municipality and am trying to get some prices together for a crane truck. I have looked at commercialtrucktrader.com. Where is another place that I can look? Thanks

erniesp

Are you looking to rent or buy one? If you are looking to rent one try All Crane. They may even have a few used ones for sale.

SarahFair

If you are buying have you checked out Auction sites?
The SO and his brother are always bidding online and sometimes go to large sales that have an array of equipment

1gr8bldr

Ask your local carpenters. They will be able to point you to the local one crane guy or a multicrane operation. I use a local here in NC for small jobs and have a choice of about 5 other crane companys for the larger stuff.

1gr8bldr

If your wanting to buy, new or used?

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
OSHA regulations have changed on mobile cranes in the last few years. Operator, riggers and signal persons have to be certified similar to NCCCO requirements.
This is very expensive.
I would way the benefit of contracting when I needed a crane and let someone else deal with the certification headaches.

T.P.

Banned
Rental companies are downsizing right now, there is some deals to be had on good used machines from places like Hertz, Neff and so-on. That being said, I've bought a bunch of them and I always end up in Tampa, Fla. Lot's of companies down there specializing in cranes and boom trucks. Most from searching Craigslist, Equipment Trader, Truck Paper, ect.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
What about the place on the right going north on 85 between Anderson and Greenville SC?
Martin and Martin
http://www.mmaauction.com/
T.P. or someone else may know for sure.

Last edited:

dieselengine9

OSHA regulations have changed on mobile cranes in the last few years. Operator, riggers and signal persons have to be certified similar to NCCCO requirements.
This is very expensive.
I would way the benefit of contracting when I needed a crane and let someone else deal with the certification headaches.

This. Contracting is the way to go.

Horns

I am wanting to buy a used crane truck . Probably in the F450 or F550 range. Probably needs to have a 6000 pound crane. I will check with Ritchie Bros. I also have checked Adessa Atlanta.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Rock & Dirt magazine usually has a bunch.