Toccoa River??

zacherwalker

Any fish this river lately? Below Blue Ridge Lake ... more specifically around Sandy Bottoms?

My wife and I are looking for a place to camp and throw some lines in...just wondering how the fishing is this time of year?

And I am assuming maybe using a streamer now? Or would like your caddis still work? Just trying to get a feel. I have never been to this area.

Jimmy Harris

Sandy Bottoms is actually upstream of the lake. However, that's also where the Delayed Harvest section is located and there are about 4 campsites right across the dirt road from the river. Fishing there is out of sight right now. We've had some really good trips there recently. Don't know that I would focus too much on streamers. Pat's Rubberlegs and soft hackle pheasant tails are all we've needed. I apologize for this photo being sideways but this is from a trip we had last Friday.

Attachments

• IMG_0538.JPG
    IMG_0538.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 521

carver

My cabin is less than 1/2 mile from Sandy Bottoms,haven't had time to fish yet, but this time of year is killer.Was up this past week,flow was good,clear water,saw guys catching fish.Good luck

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Jimmy,
I thought that I would help you get back upright. Actually, my neck was hurting because I looked at your fantastic photo and it made me want to find places such as this.

You've got an absolutely beautiful fish there.

I hope you don't mind me just changing the angle of it though.

zacherwalker

glad to hear the fishing is good! but yeah I noticed on the map it was delayed harvest.

Were gonna head up saturday. Weather is supposed to be windy and a bit cold but still hoping for a good trip.

Thanks for the help!

carver

Better take your long underwear,waters cold and with a wind the wind chill will be below freezing

Jimmy Harris

Thanks EE. That's actually Orvis' Shannon Ward on a trip he made last Friday with Jake Darling on the DH. And, yes, we do have a Forest Service permit to guide on the Toccoa DH. Float trips are great there, particularly when the water is a little too high for wading.