tithing, not just with your income....

Double Barrel BB

Has anyone ever thought that tithing is not just with your income......

Tithing in your time also.

2.4 hours/day

16.8 hours/week

876 hours/year

If you go to Sunday School, Church, Sunday Night, Wednesday Night. let's say that they go for about an hour for each service:

That is only:
4 hours/week

208.5 hours/year

Just something to think about......

DB BB

P

pfharris1965

Your numbers are interesting but anyone that works daily (2,080 hours year = 52 weeks X 40 hours [AT A MINIMUM]) is easily covering the balance by being God fearing Christians and supporting their families and thus setting a Christian example that in turn serves as a witness for Christ to the whole world...

Just a thought...

Tn_Extreme

Banned
I have found that I can live better off the 90% when I give God his 10% or more. :)

P

pfharris1965

...OFF TOPIC...

I have found that I can live better off the 90% when I give God his 10% or more. :)

:offtopic:

Just goofing here but with the Republicans in office, I already feel like I tithe everytime they withhold tax from my paycheck and it is WAY more than 10%...::ke:

Sidenote: I do not care for the dems either...

Double Barrel BB

Your numbers are interesting but anyone that works daily (2,080 hours year = 52 weeks X 40 hours [AT A MINIMUM]) is easily covering the balance by being God fearing Christians and supporting their families and thus setting a Christian example that in turn serves as a witness for Christ to the whole world...

Just a thought...

I was thinking more along the lines of spending time reading God's Word and meditating on it, Praying, Witnessing, and just trying to walk a closer walk with Jesus.

But I appreciate your thought, and I understand where you are coming from and totally agree that the way we support our families and live our lives is a great witness to others.

DB BB

60Grit

Has anyone ever thought that tithing is not just with your income......

Tithing in your time also.

2.4 hours/day

16.8 hours/week

876 hours/year

If you go to Sunday School, Church, Sunday Night, Wednesday Night. let's say that they go for about an hour for each service:

That is only:
4 hours/week

208.5 hours/year

Just something to think about......

DB BB

We have long since been released from Mosaic law, thus are we really commanded to give 10% of our earnings? I like this excerpt from a site I found that disects the mystery through scripture.

"So what should Christians do about financial giving? 2 Corinthians 8 and 9 is the first place to go to find the answer to that question, and the heart of the message there is expressed in 9:7: “Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.” If, for you, that’s ten per cent, great".

However, I do recommend reading the whole thing to put it into perspective. It may be found at;

http://www.truthortradition.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=161

Now as for me and mine, it is mostly ingrained teaching as a child that I tithe 10% of my earnings, pre tax, to the Lord. Whether that be to my church, to a Christian Charity or to someone in need, as long as it is in the spirit of doing Gods work.

That however does not address the non-monetary givings of my offerings. I was taught that they were seperate. In essence, tithing is giving your 10% and your offerings are what you do or give on and above that.

Whatever the belief or difference, one thing that I do know and cannot explain is that you cannot out give God. When times are tight we make the extra effort to not only stick to our guns but try to squeeze a little extra out for him. I don't know whether you can call it the rewards of due diligence or blessings as promised, but I can tell you that in those periods the blessings are the greatest. The amazement of His loyalty to his promise never ceases to impress, amaze, confound or simply leave me in awe.

I would never however impose how I was raised on someone else as the law. Merely share what has been my experiences, and let them choose.

Double Barrel BB

We have long since been released from Mosaic law, thus are we really commanded to give 10% of our earnings? I like this excerpt from a site I found that disects the mystery through scripture.

"So what should Christians do about financial giving? 2 Corinthians 8 and 9 is the first place to go to find the answer to that question, and the heart of the message there is expressed in 9:7: “Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.” If, for you, that’s ten per cent, great".

However, I do recommend reading the whole thing to put it into perspective. It may be found at;

http://www.truthortradition.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=161

Now as for me and mine, it is mostly ingrained teaching as a child that I tithe 10% of my earnings, pre tax, to the Lord. Whether that be to my church, to a Christian Charity or to someone in need, as long as it is in the spirit of doing Gods work.

That however does not address the non-monetary givings of my offerings. I was taught that they were seperate. In essence, tithing is giving your 10% and your offerings are what you do or give on and above that.

Whatever the belief or difference, one thing that I do know and cannot explain is that you cannot out give God. When times are tight we make the extra effort to not only stick to our guns but try to squeeze a little extra out for him. I don't know whether you can call it the rewards of due diligence or blessings as promised, but I can tell you that in those periods the blessings are the greatest. The amazement of His loyalty to his promise never ceases to impress, amaze, confound or simply leave me in awe.

I would never however impose how I was raised on someone else as the law. Merely share what has been my experiences, and let them choose.

Here is what was posted on another thread:

lets look at it this way, the tithe was set up before the law. Genesis 14:20 say Abram gave the tithe, then in Chapter 15 God told abram I am your shield (your protector), and your very great reward(paycheck- a very good one). Then God set up the Covenant, thats what the tithe did.
Now for a deeper look under the law in giving they were told what to give and if we miss we must make it up. Grace is above law right, so we should give much more. Matthew 6:2-4 " So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you".So according to your excuse we now should give all. :D tithing was never done away with, but now we are now to give through Grace. I have been truly blessed through my tithe and offering and will continue to tithe so I'll continue to be blessed.

He's a good big God!!!!!!

DB BB