Forum becoming unusable with all my mobile devices

PappyHoel

I know I'm not the only forum user that has continued to experience issues with the forum on mobile devices. I constantly get redirects to the iTunes store, jumpy scroll to the bottom of the thread, malware detected, etc. the issues have progressively gotten worse over the last 3 months. I have numerous mobile devices and they all exhibit the same symptoms.

I know there is a way to optimize the web service for mobile devices. Is GON going to address the issue? Who else has experienced the same issues?

I know it's a free service, I get it.

j_seph

I've gotten kicked to the play store numerous times

SarahFair

Have yall installed an ad blocker?

dieselengine9

Do you use Android or Apple mobile devices?

dieselengine9

Are you using the regular browser or Chrome? The reason that I ask is that switching to Chrome fixed this problem for me. I think there are ad-block extensions for it if it gets bad. Somehow these things pick up on your internet history for some of the ads so there may be some settings you could change to help you.

ryanh487

I use chrome on my phone and have adblocker, and I still get redirected to the app store for games that aren't showing in ads anywhere on the page. This is the only forum that it happens on for me.

pnome

No issues on my android 4.4.4 with Chrome 40.0.2214.109

Might be some ad ware has a hold of your browser.

SarahFair

I use chrome on my phone and have adblocker, and I still get redirected to the app store for games that aren't showing in ads anywhere on the page. This is the only forum that it happens on for me.
That is what I have as well and I dont have any problems :huh:

Dr. Strangelove

Same problem on iPhone 4, but it's intermittent. When I have that issue, I just don't access the forum from my phone.

j_seph

Screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-15-00-25-37.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-15-00-25-37.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 263
  • Screenshot_2015-03-15-00-25-51.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-15-00-25-51.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 251

lonewolf247

I guess I've been lucky? No problems at all from my IPhone 6+, or my IPad, as far as accessing the forum, or being kicked off or anything? The only problem, I have had, was trying to embed videos from mobile devices. It's just a tricky thing to do, because the phone wants to use the mobile apps, for these websites, and the layouts are different.

Finally figured it out, but had me baffled for a while!:smash:

Same problem here. Redirect to AppStore.