Team #10 "Meleagris Gallopavo"

Gator8em

Team 10
Ballground
GAMHUNTER35
JoPa
Mauser64

This is your team thread to converse, discuss strategy, etc...

If you want a team name please pm me the name and I will change it.

Best of Luck!

mauser64

Hey, Joel Crook here. Ready for another fun year. I'll be in Warren county mainly with a few wma trips thrown in.

JoPa

Howdy. Name's Gary and I hunt in Burke County. First time doing this challenge, let's all have a good season!

Ballground

I am here guys looking forward to another great year I will be hunting Cherokee and Putnam county and any where else I can go!!!!

sman

2 of my past team mates on one team. Like 2 ex-girlfriends getting together to console each other that they didn't get on my team. It's ok. I still like you guys.

Best of luck to yall.

GAMHUNTER35

ok guys checking in will be hunting mostly in sw ga mitchell, baker,early, Decatur, calhoun,grady hope to get some good toms will be hunting some wmas also trying to plan a trip to fl an al

mauser64

2 of my past team mates on one team. Like 2 ex-girlfriends getting together to console each other that they didn't get on my team. It's ok. I still like you guys.

Best of luck to yall.

facepalm: Ha! You keep telling yourself that! It's never a good thing to have two exes plotting against you! :hair:

JoPa

I have been reading this forum for maybe 6-7 years and just decided late last year to go ahead and register. Then I saw this turkey challenge and figured it would be fun. Kind of cool you all remember each other from last year. As a newbie (but not to hunting) I hope I can measure up. We seem to have a bunch of birds on our lease and not too many of the other guys in my club hunt them. I hope I can add some to our team total this year. Going to take my son this weekend to walk around a little but I guess it is going to be kind of a wet weekend.

GAMHUNTER35

yeah I will be carrying grand kids hunting this weekend hope we can get 1 or 2. got to save a few for the contest this year hope we all do good stay safe an hav fun. oh yea my name is sam. yall want to come up with a team name or go with what we got I am good either way

sman

I got to help yall with a name.....it's my unofficial job this year.

Team I Wish Toddman and Sman Were On Our Team So We Stood A Chance And Didn't Have To Sleep With A Nightlight On
You could use an acronym to shorten it. Team IWTASWOOTSWSACADHTSWSNO

mauser64

How about team "eventual winners that crush the jealous competition that keeps jumping around everybody else's team thread like a drunken coed entering wet t shirt contests on spring break at Panama city" ? .......Or would that be too long? :biggrin2:

mauser64

We could go high brow and be team "meleagris gallapavo". I think that's it anyway, it's been 35 years since my wildlife biology classes at at ABAC!

JoPa

We could go high brow and be team "melagris gallapavo". I think that's it anyway, it's been 35 years since my wildlife biology classes at at ABAC!

I had to Google that one. Just missing an "e", it's Meleagris Gallopavo, and I like it. Would certainly cause a few eyebrows to raise. That plus I learned something new today and that's always a good thing.

jleepeters

I hope 3 of y'all are bird killing machines. Joel likes to wonder off and take naps in the woods instead of hunting. And normally forgets his turkey calls because he forgot to put on his orange safety vest

mauser64

That happens occasionally once you hit 80 Joey. Quit picking on old people. It also makes you misspell the genus and species of said quarry. I neeed to brush up on my Latin.

jleepeters

That happens occasionally once you hit 80 Joey. Quit picking on old people. It also makes you misspell the genus and species of said quarry. I neeed to brush up on my Latin.

At least you realize it.

mauser64

The good news is the fish were biting today. The bad news is I rode for miles and miles in some of the prettiest turkey country in Morgan county today. Green fields, pastures, big hardwoods and have yet to see a turkey. I knew I would have seen a strutter somewhere along the way.

Attachments

• IMAG1190_BURST002_COVER.jpg
    IMAG1190_BURST002_COVER.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 146
  • IMAG1191_BURST002_COVER.jpg
    IMAG1191_BURST002_COVER.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 148

GAMHUNTER35

well havnt found any birds yet seeing some tracks so not looking good for me yet going to start scouting hard in the next few days quail plantation will be shutting down sunday so i will be able to scout more

mauser64

Watching this nasty weather today before heading out for youth weekend. May put it off til tomorrow.