Puppy found

StriperrHunterr

Found wandering a neighborhood in the Buford area this morning. Can sit on command, got excited when I opened the truck door and jumped right in.

If you know, or are, the owner, please PM me with an identifying mark not shown in this picture.

We'd really love to reunite this sweet puppy with the family.

Thanks

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 1,270

specialk

most any vet will scan for a chip for free.....worth a try....good luck to you and thanks for helping a lost pet:clap:

StriperrHunterr

Thanks. I'm going to see the vet tonight and see if we can find a chip. I couldn't do it this morning because I was already running late after running back to the house.

Da Possum

Campfire Helper
If you're close to Sugar Hill Animal Hospital; I believe that they will scan the pup for free.

StriperrHunterr

I am, but we use Suwanee. I've already posted notices about this to both vet's facebook pages as well. We'll be going by Suwanee to get her scanned tonight.

Da Possum

Campfire Helper
Good deal; I hope he finds his home! And good on you for taking care of him in the mean time!!

smokey30725

Good looking dog. Hope his owner is found. We have fostered more dogs than I can count through the years. Wound up with a nice bloodhound for a while after the tornado of 2012. He wound up going to live with a vet after no owner came forward. Let me know if you can't find the owner. I work with a lady who is a volunteer for the Murray County Animal Shelter and she knows tons of people who are looking for specific breeds to adopt. Good luck.

StriperrHunterr

Good looking dog. Hope his owner is found. We have fostered more dogs than I can count through the years. Wound up with a nice bloodhound for a while after the tornado of 2012. He wound up going to live with a vet after no owner came forward. Let me know if you can't find the owner. I work with a lady who is a volunteer for the Murray County Animal Shelter and she knows tons of people who are looking for specific breeds to adopt. Good luck.

I will if it comes to that. My wife and I are already talking of keeping her ourselves if we can't find the owner.

The only problem with us keeping her would be the logistics of our yearly trip to Wichita at Christmas with 3 dogs instead of our 2 now. When we stop for the night the current 2 can be quite the handful.

But, we also love animals and would hate to see such a sweet pup bounce around the system when we can give her a home as soon as we know finding her old one isn't possible.

NOYDB

BANNED
If you find owner, remind them. Old school collar and ID tags still work and don't require special equipment.

StriperrHunterr

If you find owner, remind them. Old school collar and ID tags still work and don't require special equipment.

I will, though it's possible that she just pulled out of a collar that was a little too loose and bolted away from the owner.

We'll know more if/when we get to that point.

Thanks for all the suggestions and looking out, everyone.

smokey30725

I will if it comes to that. My wife and I are already talking of keeping her ourselves if we can't find the owner.

The only problem with us keeping her would be the logistics of our yearly trip to Wichita at Christmas with 3 dogs instead of our 2 now. When we stop for the night the current 2 can be quite the handful.

But, we also love animals and would hate to see such a sweet pup bounce around the system when we can give her a home as soon as we know finding her old one isn't possible.

You're a good guy. Rescue dogs have been some of the best animals my wife and I have ever owned.

specialk

all mine tote 2 collars for that exact reason....

StriperrHunterr

Yes. We went to the vet last night and she is chipped. The vet reached out to the owner, but couldn't get a response, so they tried the backup information. They got someone there, who hadn't seen the dog in 2 years, but had remembered about the owner wanting to re-home her, and reached out to owner herself, but got no response.

She's supposed to, from the chip, be from Marietta, but it's obvious from her condition and her paws that she didn't walk here on her own. I suspect the original owner was successful in rehoming her, but they never changed the information.

According to the vet, after two weeks of attempting to contact and waiting for responses she's legally able to be re-adopted out. At that point it looks like we'll be keeping her because she gets along great with our pups, and even spent the night with them in our bed last night, just like one of the pack.

Now we wait...

specialk

good deal, hope it works out for you......and the dogs!:banana:

NOYDB

BANNED
A dog we loved and was hit with neighborhood. Was allowed in every house along street. And children in two states would cry when she was transported home.

Half Corgi, Half Whippet.

Attachments

• taffey.JPG
    taffey.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 1,081
  • Taffy1.jpg
    Taffy1.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 1,040

StriperrHunterr

good deal, hope it works out for you......and the dogs!:banana:

It seems to be so far. Thanks.

There's been a little raised fur when they were feeling each other out and sniffing rears. A couple growls when they played with each other, not knowing each others rules.

But they all slept in the bed with me and my wife last night and acted like they had always been packmates this morning. Here's what I woke up to this morning.

Attachments

• Pups.png
    Pups.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,088