Lifetime license?

jimmy2sticks

BLUF: I am in the military and my home of record is Georgia. I pay my state income taxes to Georgia every year. I am looking to get a lifetime license for my self and kids this year.
1. Is this possible?
2. What documentation do I need to provide to get the license?

I have called DNR and gotten 2 different answers. Someone point me in the right direction.

jimmy2sticks

Also I do not currently reside in Georgia, however in addition to income taxes I also pay property taxes if it makes a difference.

Anvil Head

Took me 65 years to get mine.....

jimmy2sticks

I hear you, ten years ago I thought I'd never see Georgia again. Now that I am half way home I can't wait to get back.

Jim Baker

Staff member
http://www.georgiawildlife.com/LifetimeLicense

Lifetime Sportsman’s Licenses are available only to residents of Georgia that meet the criteria in the next paragraph. Lifetime Licenses are also available to non-residents less than 2 years of age, and to grandchildren less than 16 years of age of current RESIDENT Lifetime License holders (does not include free Senior Lifetime License holders).
For purposes of purchasing a lifetime license, "Resident" is defined as any U.S. citizen with a continuous domicile within Georgia for a minimum of 3 consecutive months immediately prior to applying for this license. Such persons must be able to prove residency by providing a copy of either a valid GA Driver's License or valid Georgia ID Card issued by Department of Driver Services (not including a GA Driver's License or Georgia ID Card issued pursuant to O.C.G.A. §40-5-21.1 - temporary license). Such person may not be a resident of any other state (see next paragraph below). Full-time active duty military personnel and their dependents that are not residents of Georgia may purchase resident short term, resident annual and resident 2-year licenses, but not lifetime licenses.
Domicile means a person's fixed, permanent, and principal home for legal purposes. A person may own land or dwellings and may stay for a time in several states, but may only have one domicile, and therefore may not be a resident of two states at the same time. Nonresident landowners owning land in Georgia are not residents and must obtain a nonresident license to hunt or fish.
Once legally obtained, Georgia lifetime licenses remain valid even if a person later becomes a resident of another state.
Thank you for considering purchasing a lifetime license.

T-N-T

http://www.georgiawildlife.com/LifetimeLicense

Lifetime Sportsman’s Licenses are available only to residents of Georgia that meet the criteria in the next paragraph. Lifetime Licenses are also available to non-residents less than 2 years of age, and to grandchildren less than 16 years of age of current RESIDENT Lifetime License holders (does not include free Senior Lifetime License holders).
For purposes of purchasing a lifetime license, "Resident" is defined as any U.S. citizen with a continuous domicile within Georgia for a minimum of 3 consecutive months immediately prior to applying for this license. Such persons must be able to prove residency by providing a copy of either a valid GA Driver's License or valid Georgia ID Card issued by Department of Driver Services (not including a GA Driver's License or Georgia ID Card issued pursuant to O.C.G.A. §40-5-21.1 - temporary license). Such person may not be a resident of any other state (see next paragraph below). Full-time active duty military personnel and their dependents that are not residents of Georgia may purchase resident short term, resident annual and resident 2-year licenses, but not lifetime licenses.
Domicile means a person's fixed, permanent, and principal home for legal purposes. A person may own land or dwellings and may stay for a time in several states, but may only have one domicile, and therefore may not be a resident of two states at the same time. Nonresident landowners owning land in Georgia are not residents and must obtain a nonresident license to hunt or fish.
Once legally obtained, Georgia lifetime licenses remain valid even if a person later becomes a resident of another state.
Thank you for considering purchasing a lifetime license.

:banginghe