sight question

mikel

i am thinking about switching to a pendulum sight on my bow.i am shooting a 4 pin set up on it now.am i making a mistake by doing this?what are the good/bad things about them.are they all they are cracked up to be?
thanks guys.

reylamb

I personally am not a big fan of pendulum sites. Some work some of the time, and some work very well. As Andy said, they can be effected by debris. Also, they are noisey, I do not care who says theirs is not, it is. Maybe not behind the bow but definitely down range, there is a distinct twang with every pendulum out there, some worse than others.

I will disagree with D2D on one point, I have 4 pins on my site and do not recommend 1 pin. I prefer to hold as dead on as possible, and not have to hold high or low or compensate with only one pin.

Is there any particular reason you are looking to put on a pendulum?

reylamb

Man Andrew, you need to get a bigger dessert plate, 4" ain't gonna hold much dessert!!!!!!!

One of my pins is 50 yards so it never gets in the way. I also prefer small pins for less clutter.

Jody Hawk

I shoot one pin from 10-30 yards. Anything closer I aim a tad low to compensate for the sharp angle when shooting from the stand. Works for me !!! As for pendulums, I have used one and had great success with it. They are noisy though.

mikel

sounds like i need to stick with what im comfortable with.i can stick em pretty close the way it is.i figured a pendulum might help with a distance error.i have a harder time judging distance off the ground.

mikel

Bowbender said:
Mike,
Get your self a range finder, you will love it. I use mine all the time, it hangs on a hook on my tree and is always with me. If you are unsure of the distince, hold it up hit the button and bingo. No more guessing.

thanks bender that might be my ticket.i never even thought of that.now i dont gotta mess the set up on my bow