Septic/Leach Field Question.

BIGABOW

I was wondering just how long should the field lines be holding water.
The Septic Tank is fine, I have standing water in the leach field after about 225-300 linear feet. It is a single continous line of about 450+/- feet.
I am about to cover the field line now where I have inspected and ran a sewer tape to ensure all is clear @ the 225 ft mark.

THX a Million!!!

T-N-T

So you are saying the last 225 is holding water? At the far end?

I would think it should drain out of the actual pipe daily or every 2 days?? I dont know really? But if it doesnt leave the pipe, it will back into the tank and then your tubs. Ewwww

BriarPatch99

I would think it would depend on the soil percolation factor ... more or less the soil type around the drain field...

BIGABOW

House/system is 18 yrs old this year.tank does not need pumping.
I ran a fish tape both ways after digging up the yard at about the 225 mark. We have only had grease build up in the inlet tee every 2-4 yrs. now the leach system seems to be holding water. we have stopped putting any maner of grease and oils down the drain. I am just hoping at this point it was just all the dad gum rain we've had. Goodness knows we dont want to put 3-4K in the leach system

tucker80

Heavy rains will saturate the field. Also, grease can seal off the field not letting it perk. May want to look into Terralift as an option if it continues.

Scrapy

Banned
I assume it is bubbling up in the yard. Otherwise you-I would not know where the water was in the line and would not care. If so dig a hole 15 feet off to the side of the line 3 to 4 feet deep and look at the apparent water table. If the water table is low (below that of the surface saturation) that is a bad thing because the trench walls have likely sealed themselves off. If the water table is high its probably just this wet season.

1gr8bldr

You may be getting rain water in your system.