10 pt, my daughter's first deer!

SakoL61R

:bounce: :bounce: Well, it's the first dead one she's seen, anyway.:D There's a coupla points on the left side that aren't visible in the pic. 16 inches wide and my first deer off the new place. 2nd time I've hunted it.

Slipped out of the house by myself at daybreak this morning and decided to still hunt into the westerly breeze. Around 7:15 I see a small 6 pt easing towards me through the trees at about 60 yds. I froze and finally got to kneel when he put his head down into some acorns. Watched him several minutes as he fed up to about 10 yds to my right.

Then I see this one step out at 40 yds, moving right to left broadside and walking fast. Got my .308 up and put one through his shoulders. DRT.:yeah:

The wife and daughter were still asleep when I got back to the house at 8:00. Made some coffee, loaded them into the truck and went back for the recovery. Can't wait 'till my little girl is old enough to tag along with me.

Rem LTR .308
150 Nosler Accubond/RL 15 handload. 2770 fps mv.
Complete pass through/good terminal performance.
Will use them again.
Sako

Attachments

• FirstFarmBuck.jpg
    FirstFarmBuck.jpg
    372.6 KB · Views: 972

Meriwether Mike

Nice buck. Glad to see you getting your daughter started early!:bounce:

Snakeman

Nice deer. Beautiful daughter.

Congratulations.

The Snakeman

YOU HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER AND A GREAT DEER. I GOT A DOE YESTERDAY, MY VERY FIRST EVER, WITH BOTH MY KIDS WITH ME. THEY WERE AWESOME, I HOPE TO CONTINUE...

Attachments

• DSCF0084 (2).JPG
    DSCF0084 (2).JPG
    5.9 KB · Views: 733

Eshad

Congratulations to you both! Great looking buck and doe.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Nice one Sako. Congrats:cool:

bubbastax

Great deer. Pretty baby. You will love hunting even more when the two of you are sitting in the stand together.

Handgunner

Can't figure out which I like the best.. That big ol' buck, or that precious lookin' lil' girl of yours! :)

Congrats on both!

Greg Tench

Congratulations!!! Get that little one in the stand when she gets a little older!!!!:cool: :cool:

SakoL61R

Thanks everyone. I couldn't be happier or feel so blessed with my hands full of my favorite things in the pic.
She likes being outside in the woods. We've been walking with her as much as possible and showing her the sights. Can't wait to have her in a stand with me when the time is right.
Sako

Latest posts