looking for hogs

bdpost

Got a new 22mag from a fellow woodite, and wanted to give hog hunting a try. Anyone know of good public land or WMA areas around Athens worth fooling with?
Thanks

Handgunner

PM Woody or keep a check on this forum. Woody is putting on a hog hunt on his club in February. He'll post dates, cost, and times pretty soon...

Good luck with the .22mag, I love mine!

bdpost

hogs

I'm planning on hunting w/ the woody's group in Feb, but with my lack of success deer hunting I wanted find a way to stay in the woods as long as possible. Cant wait for Woddy's hunt. :clap: Have you or anyone heard of hog success in the redlands WMA in Oconee?

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I have heard of some pigs being seen on Redlands WMA, but dont know where to tell you to look.

BF Grant WMA between Madison and Eatonton has lots of the little pigs. Im not sure about when you can hunt them. Most of the ones I have seen and heard about were in the vicinity of Indian Creek and its tributaries. Turn at the dirt road near the check station and wind around till you get to the big creek, there are pigs in that swamp.

Good luck.

Arrow Flinger

bdpost, I have seen 1 at the farm and seen the sign several more time. The one I saw came off your land on to ours one evening when I was going out. Oh yea, I am sending you a PM.