pressure washing options for dog kennel

Luke0927

I'm looking for a faster way to keep my kennels clean....for the side of the yard they are on, the water comes up hill (opposite side) from the road and then has to go through the house out to this spicket then I have about 100' of hose, so just doesn't have enough pressue to clean it like I want. Was hoping to find a solution where not having to roll out the big pressure washer every other day...

So is there any small pressure washers or pumps that I might could just mount out there, then I could just put a quick connect on attach hose and go, ( Looking for economical price here)

also I had though about this, will CPVC hold the pressure if you moved the reducer valve from the rd and brought it up and installed before my line goes in the house; but before it does that I could bring a spicket off that. If that is an option how much more pressure would we talk about? Would a garden hose hold that pressure or need more of a hydraulic type hose?

off topic

What makes the pens bad is 2 dirty male bird dogs who don't care to pee or jump in their own mess and smear it everywhere....Once they are gone I will never have male dogs again my females so much better!

Big7

The Oracle
I made a "water hose" out of plant "air hose" one time.

It's pretty expensive to buy. (got most of mine free during a tear-down)
Not talking parts store, talking plant. Rated at 180 psi
because most plants run on 120 psi so, there's yer' fudge factor.

Oil, abrasion, cut, tear (you name it) resistant, works real good
and if you need to run it on a pressure washer, change the
fittings and you are good to go.

Should last a lifetime.

660griz

I have heard of folks using a transfer pump to get more pressure on long hose runs.
50' hose-pump-50' hose. Around $50

Pump

specialk

Luke0927

I may have enough industrial hose to make something....were you talking about going from 5/8's garden reducing to the hose to build up pressure?

I watch my dogs feed and try and keep good stools on them but like I said the male will smear it all round....that blade would work better than a shovel good idea there.

I have a concrete channel drain in the back that runs to my septic takes a good bit of force to push it all down so one of reason need good pressure.

Killdee

They use a wand at the QT station around here that has pressure near like a small pressure washer. But they are most likely using the un regulated hose bib. You could likely run a splitter on your front unregulated bib and run cpvc around the house under ground to the kennel to a new hose bib.

Luke0927

They use a wand at the QT station around here that has pressure near like a small pressure washer. But they are most likely using the un regulated hose bib. You could likely run a splitter on your front unregulated bib and run cpvc around the house under ground to the kennel to a new hose bib.

That is what gave me the idea watching them at QT. Right now the pressure valve comes right off the rd then cpvc to the house. I have a cut off outside where it comes into the house. Would taking full pressure from the road be ok then put the pressure reduce at the end before coming in the house. My water line is real deep hate to bust it.

Killdee

well I dont know, most houses I work on have the pressure reducing valve in the house and they split off to the front bib prior to reducing. They must do it different now.

GA native

Your pressure regulator is in the house, near the water heater. Out there on the road, at the meter, that is an anti-siphon valve.

I would suggest teeing off of the supply with 3/4" black poly. Install an underground box at the pens to prevent freezing during the winter.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
When I built my house I had my plumber T off a line before the pressure reducer and run underground water line out back to a hydrant. You should only have 30-40 psi in you house but you'll get about 100 psi or more from the street. I use the more expensive garden hose from there Hope this helps.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
By the way. I had a female Lab that was the nastiest of all my dogs. My 2 males would avoid there mess