HUGE Gobbler with my recurve!

holadude

I got this Saturday morning the opening day of fall turkey in PA.
11 11/16" beard
1 5/16, 1 1/4" spurs
20# 8oz

I drilled it at 15 yards. The crazy thing is that this was a satelite gobbler. The big boy is still strutting!

According to NWTF records, this will be a new archery state record for beard length and should tie for overall score!

Wooo!!! Gobbl-Er-Done!!!

Attachments

• Gobble1.jpg
    Gobble1.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 467

holadude

Beard Close-up

Looong Beard

Attachments

• Gobble3.jpg
    Gobble3.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 485

holadude

Spurs!

Dang mean looking!!

Attachments

• Gobble4.jpg
    Gobble4.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 465

miller

Way to go, congrats on a fine bird! Looks like it was a little wet that morning. :)

Eshad

Great job! And with a recurve too. Very impressive. Congrats to the new PA state recordholder!:yeah:

ngabearhunter

Very nice, how'd you manage to draw on him? I hunted with a recurve for 3 seasons, it's tough. Did you use a blind?

BubbaD

Now THATS Awesome!

holadude

I was in a tree stand and it was so freaking windy that I could have been dancing and it wouldn't have seen me move. I actually shot over it once and it just stood there. The second shot connected and it flew a short ways into a thicket. 10 other longbeards just stood around oblivious. They didn't leave until I got out of the tree 45 min later to find the bird. Lots of luck involved! I shot a jake a few years ago with my recurve from the ground. No blind, just luck.

Arrow3

Congrats on the gobbler and the record!!

rip18

Fantastic!!! That is great! Good job, Holadude!

Slasher

Awesome!!! Nice and with a recurve... all the finer!!!

alphachief

Great gobbler! Dang, I'd rather be turkey hunting than sitting on a cold tree stand.