Trackrock Hammer-in

Anvil Head

Trackrock Hammer-in Fall 2015

Date: Weekend of Sept 25 & 26 Best News: Open to all & no
Location: Trackrock Campground, Blairsville, GA admission fees
Directions: WWW.TRACKROCK.COM >Can’t beat that!<
Activities: Bladesmithing, Hawk forging, Leather Crafting, Anything Knife Related

Who: Anyone interested in knives, knife making, hawks, leather work, collecting, trading, etc. Watch, meet and talk talented bladesmiths, master leather craftsmen, collectors, etc.
See old discarded steel, scrap metal, wood and bone transformed into functional works of art.

General: Craftsmen from several states, finished knives on display, collections on display, etc.
Family oriented event.

Behave! No unsafe or reckless behavior will be tolerated.

Additional: “Iron in the Hat” event Saturday to help fund event. Please bring usable item for this event. A chance to pick up valuable plunder - knifemaking materials, parts and pieces. Strictly voluntary, participation encouraged.

Donation Knife: None Selected at Present

Accommodations: Full hook-up & primitive camping available (check web site), Trackrock is an excellent campground and very well maintained. Several motels near: Blairsville and Young Harris.
Please contact me via pm, if you wish to participate, or need any further information.

Ps – Catered BBQ plate 12 Noon on Sat. Prices set by caterer. First come first served.

Bullfrog81

I'm bringing the wife and son with me for the weekend. This will be our first time. My 4 year old son shows a big interest in primitive things.

Anvil Head

BF81 - Then your son will really enjoy meeting me ...... I'm pretty primitive. He should have a good time. I'll introduce him to one of my students that started forging blades when he was four.

EC - Next spring event will be last weekend in March.

onedude

BF81,
We are pretty primitive up at the Hammer In. Well, maybe not pretty, but primitive. I bet your son will have a great time at trackrock. There is a shed with a tractor and other antique things to look at. A neat playground for kids. I wish I had of know of Trackrock Campground when my kids were little.
Doug
Jn. 3:16

Anvil Head

Thanks for the correction Dougie......nope no pretty here!

ps - ET even more fun if you get to hit something hot!
Every boy's dream - play with fire, beat something with a hammer, play with sharp pointy things, make a lot of noise, and get all your clothes dirty and full of holes............what's not to like?

arcame

hey Carl, it looks like we are going to be up for the day on Saturday this time. sorry no chilli Friday night. Hilery does have something to bring you for some trade value....
jelly and gator bones

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
I'm thinking I'll have the family camping at Trackrock that weekend. I'm sure I'll poke my head in a few times. Might bring some young fellas Saturday.

Anvil Head

Gheezee Patrick!
That's a shame, guess Scout, RLo and Capn will have to go poach a few tree rats for some stew. Make sure you get me to show you my "new" toy sometime Sat.

NGS - bring a bus load if you like. Maybe we can get a few of them "lit up" so to speak. (I hate that you have to drive so far to get there!)

Razor Blade

Aint got anything going that i know of. I will try to attend and meet a few new folks. Scott

georgiaboy

Carl, I wish I could make it but have a family event on Sat. and meeting in Atlanta on Fri the 25th.

Razor Blade

Carl, I wish I could make it but have a family event on Sat. and meeting in Atlanta on Fri the 25th.

Sounds like a good excuse to not be there. Just put it on the calendar and show up.

georgiaboy

Sounds like a good excuse to not be there. Just put it on the calendar and show up.

Moms birthday so I better stick around for that. The meeting is one I'd love to skip! If yall fire up your forge soon let me know and I'll take off early.

Anvil Head

There'll probably be a forge or two going late Thursday afternoon, all day Friday and Saturday. Mostly packing up on Sunday.

Razor Blade

Looking forward to it. See ya there

Bkeepr

Im not gonna make it this time, too much stuff going with mom being put into nursing home and trying to get house sold to pay for nursing home...
Kathy P

Anvil Head

Sorry to hear about your Mom Kathy. Seems a lot of us are dealing with these kind of issues these days. In our prayers.