welding rod bag

BigCats

I need a rod bag made that will be tough as nails something to hold a hand full or better at a time any idea what it would cost to have on made out of leather or what ever is gonna last.

Gobbler Down

If you can't find a taker you can do what I do on projects that need something different in the way of shape and design. Go to a few goodwill stores and find a used leather item the size of the project you are attempting. Hobby lobby or a craft store for Barge's cement and some leather sewing thread or strands stripped out of para cord. Cut your shape, wet it and form it around a piece of pvc pipe the diameter you want leaving a few inches of over hang to clamp two boards across the excess until it dries. This will pull the leather tight while it dries and shrinks to the shape.
Unclamp, glue, allow to dry, drill 1/32 inch holes equally spaced down the now glued edge, sew it and then figure out the type of strap or belt slot to mark and cut with a razor into the upper round. There you have it....well at least with my crazy idea. Good luck.

RNC

If you can't find a taker you can do what I do on projects that need something different in the way of shape and design. Go to a few goodwill stores and find a used leather item the size of the project you are attempting. Hobby lobby or a craft store for Barge's cement and some leather sewing thread or strands stripped out of para cord. Cut your shape, wet it and form it around a piece of pvc pipe the diameter you want leaving a few inches of over hang to clamp two boards across the excess until it dries. This will pull the leather tight while it dries and shrinks to the shape.
Unclamp, glue, allow to dry, drill 1/32 inch holes equally spaced down the now glued edge, sew it and then figure out the type of strap or belt slot to mark and cut with a razor into the upper round. There you have it....well at least with my crazy idea. Good luck.

Sounds like a great idea to me :smash: