Blast from the Past

John I. Shore

German buddy of mine sent me this Gun Magazine from 2000 when one of my knives was used on the cover to lead the Solingen Knife Show story that was held at the German Knife Museum. Those were some great shows in a great venue!

John I.

Attachments

• Waffen-Magazine-Cover.jpg
    Waffen-Magazine-Cover.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 312

John I. Shore

very cool. no mirror finish? :)

Europe in General does not go for the mirror finish, they go more for the Satin finish, thus, when in Rome.....ect. Just like I tried to tell a few guys that wanted to get into that market.....you got to do tapered tangs....they refused and it cost them in sales.

John I.

BriarPatch99

John I ...

I see "Messerschau in der Stadt der Messer" translates to "Knife show in the city of knife" and "Messerbrose Solingen" translates to "Knives Solingen Brose"...

Does it mean ... "Knife show of The City of Knives Solingen"

I only speak Redneck ... " Great being on the Cover"!!

John I. Shore

John I ...

I see "Messerschau in der Stadt der Messer" translates to "Knife show in the city of knife" and "Messerbrose Solingen" translates to "Knives Solingen Brose"...

Does it mean ... "Knife show of The City of Knives Solingen"

I only speak Redneck ... " Great being on the Cover"!!

Yep, pretty much it was one of the first International Knife Shows put on by the German Knife Museum in Solingen Germany with support from the Deutsche Messermacher Guilde (German Knifemakers' Guild). The show itself was in the actual museum and of course was one of the Premier Shows in Europe. Lots of fun, Great Food, and Good Bier! :cheers: The museum set up a tour of one of the oldest knife factories in Solingen for us table holders to check out on Saturday night after the show, it Was Super!

John I.

Last edited:

wvdawg

Staff member
That's a great accomplishment and a wonderful momento. Congrats John.
My dad would never buy a knife unless it was stamped Solingen.

Razor Blade

Congrats buddy. Makes me proud to know you and call you friend.