15 Pointer-Pike County

RackNBeardOutdoors

I have been hunting this property for a few years now, and we manage the deer very well. I saw 20 deer last saturday, a couple of decent 8 pointers and some scrub bucks, and then 15 does. A few of my friends said I was crazy for not shooting the 8's, but I know what kind of deer are out there. I went back this morning and saw a spike chasing 2 does, and then this monster came out at 35 yards, he shouldn't have done it. The first thing I did was praise God, and then if you were hunting anywhere in Pike County and heard someone scream about 7:14 AM, it was me. I shot a nice 8 last year, but he is a 15 pointer, but I think only 12 are scorable, since three of them are right under an inch, weighed 170 pounds dressed, and 200 on the hoof. He has 7 on one side, 5 on the other, and then 3smaller kickers on the back side.

Attachments

• buck1.jpg
    buck1.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 1,824
  • buck2.jpg
    buck2.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 1,608
  • buck3.jpg
    buck3.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 1,516
Last edited:

RackNBeardOutdoors

Thanks BowHunter, that was a nice one you had that I saw as well. I know Jack, he goes to church with us, I think he is in Kansas right now. He has the record for Pike County, I don't know if you knew that. What do you mean when you say "it's a sleeper"

Jake63

Real nice buck there Rack. I know who Jack Martin is too and he has taken more than a few nice bucks from Pike Co.

Last edited:

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
Way to go RackNBeardOutdoors

Congrats and thanks for the pics and story too:cool:

kcausey

Banned
big deer

Thanks BowHunter, that was a nice one you had that I saw as well. I know Jack, he goes to church with us, I think he is in Kansas right now. He has the record for Pike County, I don't know if you knew that. What do you mean when you say "it's a sleeper"

It's a sleeper for big bucks....people don't realize how many big deer are killed in pike co....my dad killed two 8 pointers two weeks apart some years ago near concord. first one dressed out at 202 lbs and scored 126 5/8" and the second dressed out at 210 lbs and scored 138". Both had necks over 33".

Jack works the same subdivisions as my father.....he has killed monsters in coweta as well.....that's and inside deal though.
KIP

jinx0760

Gone But Not Forgotten
Great deer!

Congrat's! Did you have the deer aged? That shows that patience pays off:fine:

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Fine buck, right there. Congrats.