What are friends for?

Hoss

Took some time off from work last week to spend a little time in the woods. Wednesday, I hunted alone, and say 5 deer, 4 does and a spike. A friend came out that evening to hunt the rest of the week. Thursday morning was really slow. Neither of us saw a thing and it got hot in a hurry. Highs around 76 that day. Really felt too hot to hunt that afternoon, so we were sitting around trying to decide where to hunt. Thought we should find some stands in the woods instead of baking in some of the field and power line stands. I couldn't decide between two stands, my old favorite in a hardwood stand where I saw deer the day before and another stand about 150 yards away that was closer to a swampy area. Finally decided on the hardwood stand as there was a fox squirrel there that I was trying to get a picture of so even if the deer didn't show up, I might be able to get a picture of the squirrel. Suggested my friend go to the other stand. Since it was pretty warm, we both agreed that we weren't going to shoot a doe or small buck.
We got into the stands kind of late. Squirrels were real active. Felt like one of those times a deer should be showing up. A little after 5:00 PM, the fox squirrel shows up. I got the camera out and hurried to get a picture. Pressed the shutter button and realize that I had an extremely slow shutter speed set form some photos I took in the morning. Forgot to reset the camera to neutral. I hurry to adjust the camera settings, but the squirrel heads off behind some trees. I'm sitting there kicking myself when I hear BOOM. A couple of seconds later, BOOM. Yeah it's my friend. So I got a terrible picture of a fox squirrel and below is what my friend got. I congratulated him, helped him get it out of the woods and to the processor, but I'm not telling him where to hunt anymore.:banginghe :banginghe :banginghe :banginghe :banginghe :banginghe :banginghe

Hoss

Attachments

• IMGP3969_edited-2.jpg
    IMGP3969_edited-2.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 546

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
Nice deer!

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
Fine buck and

fine story too:yeah:

Can we hunt together Hoss???, I'll let you pick the stands;)

Tell you friend congrats, and thanks for posting the pic:clap:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
well that turned out like a fine evening...even if you did mess up the pic of the foxy:D

Handgunner

Nice buck!

Where's my stand? ::ke: :bounce:

Congrats to your buddy!

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Tell him congrats for us Hoss!