Another good un from Monroe Cty

ZACK

This is my Brother in law's 9pt from Sat. AM in South west Monroe Cty. Only his 2nd. buck and 4th deer ever. He was cruising through an old grown up field around 8:30. Tall, heavy, and looking for love.

Attachments

• 100_1385.JPG
    100_1385.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 781
  • 100_1383.JPG
    100_1383.JPG
    185.2 KB · Views: 640

Hoss

Tell the brother-in-law congrats on a fine buck. Looks like he's getting the hang of this deer hunting.

Hoss

Pilgrim

Very nice - congrats!!! :cheers:

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
Thats a fine one

Congrats to your bro in law:cool:

Thanks for posting:clap:

gmcpipkin

Congrats to the bro-in-law. Man ya'll have some jam up land it seems.

Jasper

Beautiful buck! I love those tall racks! :cool:

Randy

Great buck. Dang! You boys didn't get hurt one bit by loosing some of your land. It appears ya'll have been hunting the wrong piece.

ZACK

It appears that way Randy. I think it mostly has to do with 7 years of letting small bucks walk (except for the occasional real nice 2 1/2 year old 8 pt). As you know there is great potential/genetics in our area if you let them get up to 4 1/2 years.

Gadget

Congrats to your brother, another fine buck.

How many that make Zack? Three so far?

Have you aged any of em yet?

So far we've killed 7 bucks, 4 of which were mature "3.5yrs or older" and the other 3 were 2.5 yr olds. We'll probably have another 2-4 taken this season.

We have a 15 inch spread /or 17 inch main beam rule for all bucks, this is our 7th year with these rules.

ZACK

Thanks, Gadget. Yeah that is three for us so far this year. The buck in my avatar, my brother-in-laws 9 pt, and another 17in 115 class 8pt. We did not pull any jaw bones but my usually acurate opinon is the 8pt was a real good 2.5yr old, my brother in laws 9pt was 3.5yr old (200lbs live), and my deer was a 4.5yr old (230lbs live).

We do not have any antler restrictions other than, if you shoot a buck, you have got to put it on the wall. We have a small group of close friends and family who all are after mature bucks, so it has worked for some great bucks for us over the last 7 years.