drop point file knife (finished sheath and inlay pics added) DONE

bronco611

I finally found the time to complete my new hunting knife. Hope ya'll like how it turned out. Made from an old file, a deer antler from my deer I harvested and the guard is made from an old brass salt water boat propeller I found in a junk store. I have around 5 bucks and a lot of time tied up in this one. I only have the bare minimum hand tools to work with, not the nice sanders and such that the pro's use, but I was still able to get er done! All I have left to do us make the sheath and I plan to inlay a new buffalo nickel in the antler base for looks. Finished the inlay and the sheath tonight. I am very happy with it and this is the second sheath and fourth knife I have ever made. I would like to thank all the builders who post their work and the build along especilly, that is where I learned how to build the knife and sheath, again thanks to all who participate in this forum you never know who you are helping.

Attachments

• 20160124_105600-480x853.jpg
    20160124_105600-480x853.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 423
  • 20160124_104334-480x853.jpg
    20160124_104334-480x853.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 420
  • 20160125_235746-480x853.jpg
    20160125_235746-480x853.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 305
  • 20160125_235354-480x853.jpg
    20160125_235354-480x853.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Congratulations. That is a great looking knife. Post up pics when you finish the sheath.

John I. Shore

Kool lookin knife, good job!

John I.

bronco611

Thanks for the compliments on the knife. John that means a lot coming from a master knife builder such as yourself. I know it is no where near the great craftsmanship I have seen from yourself and others on this forum. I am pleased with it and enjoy making this one and the other 2 I made for my brother and my nrphew. It is like therapy with a reward. I will post pictures of the sheath and the nickel inlay when I finish the sheath.

carver

Nice,congrats

Anvil Head

Hey Bronco, well done!
Just a reminder that the GA Custom Knifemakers' Guild is meeting the weekend of Feb 5th/6th at Twin Blades shop in Statesboro (just down the road from you). Come on down and bring your knife. Many of the makers here on Woody's will be there.
Be glad to have you there as our guest - no strings.

Notice and directions can be found on KNF (KnifeNetworkForums) in the "Knife Organizations" section.

godogs57

You did a great job on the knife! I love my file knives and will be posting a pic of one soon...a few more days work till completed. Love it.

T-N-T

Maybe no fancy tools, but you do have a Fancy knife there.
Very nice

bronco611

thanks Anvil Head, If possible I will try but I have already stretched myself thin with family ,hunting club, Okefenokee outing etc etc. I really enjoy making the knives from old files as they seem to stand out as unique in their own way. T&T I will bring it with me to the swamp paddle so you can see it close up.

georgiaboy

Nice work, that's very cool and you will always treasure it.

BriarPatch99

Great work ... !! Great looking knife !!

I know well how it is not having all the tools ... makes a fellow value what he does with his own hands ...

bronco611

Briarpatch99, it is hard to believe ghat a nice tool can actually be made with just basic stuff and alot of time and sweat.

Anvil Head

Bronco
Understand about priorities we all have them. Sent you the info requested and hope you can make it.
It is apparent that you really enjoyed making the knife and that is what it is all about. Sure more and better equipment will make it easier but only you can make it the best knife you can make. That comes from within. Welcome to the club.
Be sure that if there is anything I or one of the other makers here on Woody's can help you with, you only need to ask.

John I. Shore

Looks Good Bronco, to support what Carl stated, hope you can make it over to the meeting in Statesboro. Just yell if we can help in any way, there is a bunch of us out here that are willing to help.

John I.

IFLY4U

Welcome to the addiction! Great job.