All Toms??? Bachelor groups???

Just 1 More

I walked up on a flock thursday mid day and it looked like they were all toms and jakes,, about 10-12 from what I could see. They scattered pretty fast when I spooked them... they must have been doing some home improvements cause a couple were carrying pretty big paint brushes :bounce:
Is it normal for them to be in bachelor groups right now? Would there have been some hens mixed in the flock or are they off shopping, picking out their spring outfits?
With that many Toms/Jakes, will they stay around the same places and all compete come spring time?

Randy

Right now all the hens are flocked together and all the toms are flocked together. Even most of the jakes have been run off from the hens flocks. I had 21 hens in my yard yesterday.

Kdog

Last week I saw 3 different flocks. One had about 10 hens best I could tell. The next flock had 4 big toms (all their beards were dragging the ground) and 8 hens. The third flock had over 20 birds with a few jakes and one boss Tom. He had to weigh 25 #'s and then some. No one on our club hunts them on a regular basis.

Kdog