Oglethorpe Co 9pt

Woody, it has been two years since I last paid you a visit, but I will be back by the shop soon. Last Friday afternoon (11/10) this fella came cruisin' by me at 100 yards right on the tail of a hot doe at 4:30. I had let another good buck walk from the same stand on Friday morning and had been kicking myself all day for not shooting him. I almost didn't go back that afternoon b/c it was soo hot - around 80 degrees. Then when I did get to my land, the farmer next door was plowing his field, which my stand was only about two hundred yards off of. That, combined with the heat really put some doubts in my mind about the afternoon hunt, but I went anway and am sure glad I did!!!

BTW - that is SWEAT on my shirt from nearly a half mile drag. I loved every foot of it!

Attachments

• 2006 9ptr.jpg
    2006 9ptr.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 708

Arrow3

Nice buck!!!

Woody

Founder - Gone but not forgotten.
Great Buck and congrats ---- you may have discovered a pattern?

Don't go back unless it's 80 degrees -- and the Farmer is plowing??:D

Man!! -- I would still be dragging that one.

Dawg In the Swamp

Nice one! What part of Oglethorpe do you hunt?

Dawg in the Swamp -
Almost all of it it seems.....I have three tracts in Oglethorpe that I hunt now, but this one here was in the Arnoldsville area. Oglethorpe has great potential, but it takes a lot of hard work, patience and trigger finger control. This tract of land (700 acres) has been under strict management for now 32 years - way before deer management was the in thing to do. This is my sixth year on this land, and now my fifth trophy. Before me, one man hunted it for 26 years and I was lucky enough that he asked me to join him.

An intersting side note - Friday was the first time anyone had even been to or around the stand I was in since August.

Last edited:

Arrow3

I grew up in Oglethorpe County....Love that place...:)

Kdog

Very nice 9 pt. AgE. :clap: :clap: :clap:

One of these days........

Kdog

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
Great deer

and heck of a drag too:clap:

Looking forward to see the AW (after woody) pics too:D

Jasper

One of the prettier racks I've seen this year! Congrats! :fine:

Gadget