Trinity question

Jody Hawk

My co-worker's mother is Jehovah's Witness and doesn't believe in the Trinity. He's Baptist and is trying to show her that God, Jesus and the Holy Ghost are all one. We talked about it last night and he kept referring to these verses. In John Chapter 1 verse 1 the Bible says, In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. On down in verse 14 it says, and the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us (Jesus). This pretty much says it all if you ask me. Pretty simple isn't it?

No. GA. Mt. Man

Gone But Not Forgotten
It's sooooooooo simple Jody.

Hunting Teacher

My co-worker's mother is Jehovah's Witness and doesn't believe in the Trinity. He's Baptist and is trying to show her that God, Jesus and the Holy Ghost are all one. We talked about it last night and he kept referring to these verses. In John Chapter 1 verse 1 the Bible says, In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. On down in verse 14 it says, and the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us (Jesus). This pretty much says it all if you ask me. Pretty simple isn't it?
Jody,
It's easy for the JW's to not believe this. They simply left out John One when they created their own bible. Then they rewrote John 14 to suit them.
Teacher

Jody Hawk

Don't we have a long thread on this subject already ?

Yeah, but when a thread gets drawn out like that one I don't bother asking a question in it. Usually several other discussions are going on, along with a couple of other arguments and my question gets overlooked. I had a specific question on these verses hoping someone that doesn't believe in the Trinity could give me his/her take on them so I could go back to work tonight and offer some of y'all takes on this to my buddy.

toddboucher

Its so simple to us, but everytime I try to witness to anyone from JW to a muslim the same thing comes up. I used to say 1 john 5:7 "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

but then I found out that verse was not in the original writting, its there to explain what john is talking about, so you could use from about vs 5-10. I'll ask around for a good simple book, with all these questions as of late maybe this is the Spirits way of telling me to study.

I did ask a JW once from I from Isiaah 44:6 ""This is what the LORD says— Israel's King and Redeemer, the LORD Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God.

then I asked them who is speaking and they said God-what we know as Father God.

Then I went to Revelation 22:13 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
again asked them who is speaking they said Jesus, since there can only be 1 first and 1 last. This might help them bring a light on, remember its been drilled in to their mind that the trinity is false doctrine so it will take time.

I'll pray and look some stuff up, keep us posted.