Texas/Kansas Rio Grande Outfitters

Anybody have a recommendation for an outfitter for Rio turkey? My dad and I wanna complete the slam and would like to hear of some good outfitters. Thanks for any help!

fountain

Ive been to kansas a couple of times and have loved it. One trip left us with a bit of a bad taste. Misty Morning Outfitters. ..it looks good on the outside. .and they kill a ton of birds ( 2 seasons over 100 twice in a row now)..but they left a lot to be desired, for us anyways and that's all I will say

Last spring we went with Brian Johns that I met off of archery talk. He helped us out of a big pinch in a big way and we each killed birds in a short time. 785-392-7230 is his number. Great guy with a ton of land and ton of gobblers.

sman

Ive been to kansas a couple of times and have loved it. One trip left us with a bit of a bad taste. Misty Morning Outfitters. ..it looks good on the outside. .and they kill a ton of birds ( 2 seasons over 100 twice in a row now)..but they left a lot to be desired, for us anyways and that's all I will say

Last spring we went with Brian Johns that I met off of archery talk. He helped us out of a big pinch in a big way and we each killed birds in a short time. 785-392-7230 is his number. Great guy with a ton of land and ton of gobblers.

I'm sitting in TX replying to this thread. I can tell you where not to go.

This guy has birds but caters to his long time clients. I don't blame him BUT when we come all the way over here from GA and there's 3000 acres, by golly let us hunt 3000 acres. He keeps putting us in the same 300. It has birds but I have a feeling not near as many as the 2700 behind it. They just showed up, we've been here since Thur night. I killed one, but the my son and dad haven't knocked the safety off. Weather was horrible yesterday.

BERN

Never again

That sounds exactly like my Texas experience from a couple of years ago. I tried it because I had a business trip. It was an add on for the weekend. Don't know what part of the state you are in but when I go after Rios again it will be somewhere else. For my money there are prettier places to go.

This guy has birds but caters to his long time clients. I don't blame him BUT when we come all the way over here from GA and there's 3000 acres, by golly let us hunt 3000 acres. He keeps putting us in the same 300. It has birds but I have a feeling not near as many as the 2700 behind it. They just showed up, we've been here since Thur night. I killed one, but the my son and dad haven't knocked the safety off. Weather was horrible yesterday.

turkeyed

Scott I hope it gets better. I believe I would have a word with that guy!

sman

Scott I hope it gets better. I believe I would have a word with that guy!

It's getting entertaining now. The other group of 7 showed up today. They come yearly evidently.

They all went and sat on feeders. 3 out of 7 killed birds. One killed a jake. Same one I took a pic of yesterday. Even has a hunting story about it.

The other said the feeder ran and 2 toms came charging in and beat his full strut decoy.

These are obviously Texas city folk who come and shoot birds every year over feeders.

Gamblinman

Full Strut Guide Service out of Elk City Oklahoma. Brant can get you taken care of. He ain't cheap, but no feeders and he has the birds. He has guided and non-guided hunts.

I'd post his website, but the powers that be would get their panties in a wad.

Gman