Anyone else not hearing anything??

ChristopherA.King

Hunting in bartow county I know there are birds but haven't heard a peep. Could it be this weather? There is very little pressure put on this land. Just has me scratching my head.

wks41

I hunt over in Adairsville. I hadn't heard a gobble until this morning. I had 4 gobbling until 1000am but could never get them to come in range. The hens were everywhere.

ChristopherA.King

Yep the sing is there I am just limited to where I can access because of being in a wheelchair so I've been listening to locate some.

critterslayer

Could be the birds don't need to gobble. I have one spot, birds yell their heads off, then 1.5 miles on another mountain, this morning the hens cackled and flew down, and the gobblers found them without EVER gobbling. After some sweet yelps, one left the hens and came drumming and strutting.

fullstrut

I have sign as well. But the birds are really hit or miss on the roost. A few days it is dead silent and then birds gobble in every direction. If you have fresh sign then they are there. Set up on some fresh sign and basically use deer hunting tactics. Good luck and seen pics when you score.

Ben Athens

I was on Pine Log this morning and didn't hear any gobbling at all from the top of two different hill tops.

Ben

deast1988

Same, I hunted 6 days this week. Cut tracks got them on trai cam. Heard birds gobble twice in 6days. Birds are hit and miss, not where they normally hang on this piece of property at least from years past. It's called hunting, not killin for a reason keeps me coming back for more.

mtstephens18

I've only got to hunt two mornings. Opening day and this morning. Heard birds both times but nothing gobbling on the limb. All the gobbling is starting 730/7:45 until about 830. Then all goes quiet. Not a peep in the evenings

rbsharp

Brooks Co

Not much calling action here ,got this one at 7:00 pm ,watching hens feed in a food plot,one hen gave a little sweet yelp left and came back with her boyfriend ,I would have enjoyed calling him in ,but if they want to be quiet I can too, I agree with the notion that they don't need to gobble , they covered up with hens all day long ,I had same problem last year , planted 1/2 acre of chufa ,fixed my problem

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 709
Last edited:

PappyHoel

Last 2 days nothing. The wind is horrible.

1776Flintlock

Not much calling action here ,got this one at 7:00 pm ,watching hens feed in a food plot,one hen gave a little sweet yelp left and came back with her boyfriend ,I would have enjoyed calling him in ,but if they want to be quiet I can too, I agree with the notion that they don't need to gobble , they covered up with hens all day long ,I had same problem last year , planted 1/2 acre of chufa ,fixed my problem

Congrats! Details? (Beard, spurs, weight?)

TurkeyDreamer

All quiet here yesterday morning and this morning. Yesterday morning, sat in a blind on the edge of a clear-cut for several hours and had nothing come in or answer. Today, after nothing from the roost, I covered about 400-500 acres of land got nary a gobble.

chefrific

I didn't hear any gobbles this morning until around 9:30am.

fullstrut

The breeze was tuff this morning,but was able hear a faint gobble. Moved in a little further and Owled with my mouth. Knew for sure it was a bird. Then the real owls were looking for love and got vocal so that helped me get a good pin point of his location. Short end of the story he gobbled good on the limb then went silent. With the wind I relied on my eyes. He snuck in and just about got away with abother day,but the hammer got laid today. Crazy year so far. But Hey! It isTurkey hunting right?

TurkeyDreamer

Fullstrut, with all due respect, this is a misery loves company thread. We don't care to hear about your success while we are busy whining and complaining. ::ke:

fullstrut

Lol. Sorry had my head low for awhile myself. After 28 yrs. It seems each season gets tougher or maybe I'm just getting older.