New DNR App

meandmydog

What you guys think about the new Pocket Ranger app from the DNR. I think its alsome. great job guys

PappyHoel

It's a good privacy collector.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Love it. I called one in for a buddy Sunday morning. After the shot he reported it through the app, hit the "Sync" bar and voila there was his reported kill with the confirmation number. Easy peasy.

StriperrHunterr

Exactly my thought!

The only way to get around that now is to either use disposables, or to not have a phone. When serial #X shows up on Y cell tower they can track you already if they had need.

Then there's traffic cams to and from the site, at least some of the way, ATM and other security cams, etc.

nick_o_demus

I "tagged" my kill before I moved him and used the app about 40 miles away to get my confirmation. GPS location rendered ineffective! ;)

NWTF has one called "Gobble Map" now. Its supposed to give you an idea of what the turkeys might be doing in your area. You can look at local reports of activity and harvest reports. Neat idea, but not sure how helpful it would really be given each turkeys mood varies.

hold em hook

I "tagged" my kill before I moved him and used the app about 40 miles away to get my confirmation. GPS location rendered ineffective! ;).

That is exactly what I did. Wrote the kill on my tag and used the app for conformation after the hour drive back home.

01Foreman400

Staff member
The only way to get around that now is to either use disposables, or to not have a phone. When serial #X shows up on Y cell tower they can track you already if they had need.

Then there's traffic cams to and from the site, at least some of the way, ATM and other security cams, etc.

Are you really worried about this? :huh:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

1776Flintlock

I liked it once i got within range of a cell tower , hard to find in parts of Johnson County. Once connected, it was a breeze to report in:yeah: