Changed Tactics ... Gilligan instead of Milkshake (video added)

flatsmaster

My son took a buddy this morning .... He saw this bird last night so had a good idea where he'd roost .... They get in early and setup ... He went with his Jake decoy Gilligan and it worked perfect for a change .... He must have gobbled 200 times in the tree ... As our cows moved and called to the calves he would gobble ... Finally at almost 7:15 he hears the wings and instead of dropping down on the wood line he coasts out into the pasture ... A couple of soft yelps and he is on a string looking for a fight ... They watched the show as he spits and drums and at 10 yds put some #5's in his head ... My son got it on video for him ... Almost 11 inch beard with just under 1 1/2 Spurs ... Really nice bird !!!! To hear him tell the story you'd think it was his first bird he ever called in ... He loves it !!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 569
Last edited:

sman

Man that's a nice one!

turkeykirk

Saw both birds. Nice! Just curious. What y'all using the ax for?

flatsmaster

Turkeykirk .... Something my son started last yr with his pocketknife .... This yr the night before opening day he and a buddy pitched a tent and camped out on the property so they had it to cut some firewood ... So the new thing for pics this yr !!! facepalm: Kids :)

flatsmaster

He sent me the 18 minute video .... 14 minutes of gobbling in the tree and pics tell the rest ... He has a Primos B1 aka Gilligan .. that he put a jake fan in that a buddy gave him a few yrs ago ... Mature gobbler's can't stand that immature bird with a hen ... Milkshake was there and in these couple of pics u can see the gobbler get between her and Gilligan ... If he would have waited a little longer there would have been a fight !!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 477

flatsmaster

1776 it's a A5 with a kicks ... He can kill'um in another zip code ... We have some property and run a lot of cows ... These field birds are use to calling there hens to them ... They can hang up at 40 yds real regular ... This bird worked awesome and his buddy almost shot his head off at 10/15 yds... But 40 for my son with the A5 3 1/2 and that bird won't need to worry about where he wants to roost !!!! He is reducing the video and when he does I'll try to post if he also can edit a couple of words out of it :)