UK up in arms over dog/fox hunting!

Jeff Phillips

Imagine the fits that would be thrown by a bunch of PO'd rednecks if they tried to ban deer hunting here :eek: ::gone: :shoot:

huntnnut

GONetwork Member
After further reading I discovered that they have in fact banned fox hunting, though it has yet to be put into law. At least that's the way I read it.

Jeff, you're right it wouldn't be pretty... :bounce:

wildlands

While researching differnt training methods to track last year I came across several sites devoted to this issue. They had several hundred thousand signatures to ban fox hunting. The sites stated that they were going after other forms of hunting next. For you duck hunters some might know this already but you are limited too only two or three ducks to train with over there and you have to keep a record every time you use a duck. If you go over your limit you can go to jail. This number also includes your duck that is used in field trials. It is getting rediculus with the animal rights laws over there. This goes for all of the European union. No croping of dogs tails or ears. No declawing of cats and in the near future they will not be able to keep live stock confined, they will all have to be free ranged animals(no feed lots).

hpurvis

Gone But Not Forgotten
The squeaky wheel is getting greased.

GeauxLSU

ALL hunting will be baned in the UK if not our lifetimes, our kids.
If anyone reading this thinks it can't happen here, you are fooling yourself. It started with them outlawing the private ownership of many different firearms. "Surely they'll never come after our HUNTING guns..."
You've all seen the films I'm sure. That is EXACTLY why ANY gun control is a step in that direction. Sure we'd like to be 'calm and logical' about it and there are even some of us would say "well such and such gun I don't have a problem with banning". Once you say that, give it up, you've started a series of events that is going to be very very hard if not impossible to stop. The sunset of the AWB is a BIG deal but keeping it from rearing it's ugly head again is going to be bigger. Everyone knows there is a well funded very public 'no guns for anyone for any reason' agenda out there. They are also good at disguising all the little intermediate steps needed to get to that ultimate agenda, under some other less sinister cause. "Save the children." You can choose to let them win a battle here and there if you like, but one day, just like in the UK, you'll turn around and the entire war will have been lost and you'll be looking in the mirror wondering what happened.... :confused:
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

LKennamer

Good points

Hunters in the UK are more of a minority than they are here in the US. In addition, almost all hunters are wealthy (they have to be to have somewhere to go!). The equivalent here would be if you had to go to one of the old Albany area quail plantations if you wanted to hunt quail. (granted the plantations do have a lot of birds!) Their system has gone almost back to the middle ages in that hunting has become a sport of the rich and privileged. If that happens here, things will be bleak indeed.

RThomas

Their system has gone almost back to the middle ages in that hunting has become a sport of the rich and privileged.

We are headed in the same direction.

How2fish

I agree with RT is we as hunters don't get and stay involued with the political process it will go here and it's going in the UK... :banginghe :(