***July Severe Weather***

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Total precip accumulation through mid July. Personally I believe it will be a little more in SOWEGA than this map is showing, but that depends on the development of a sub tropical low in the Gulf that the maps keep showing glimpses of then backing away from. Water temps in the Gulf are good for such to develop, so time will tell.

06Z-20160629_GFSSE_prec_precacc.gif

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Yeah, I know, it's still June, but this is in reference to the LPS I keep seeing show it's head in the GFS models.

Here is a mark up of the 500 mb low that should develop in the Gulf this weekend and the direction it should follow. It won't achieve any unique status other than sub tropical in nature but should bring a good amount of moisture onshore into SOWEGA and parts east of there.

Thus my reasoning for the rainfall totals to be higher than projected on the loop I provided.

Time will tell.

Attachments

• GFSSE_500_spd_105.jpg
    GFSSE_500_spd_105.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 893

DDD

Winter Weatherman
I predict that August and September are going to be busy in the tropical development department. Gots to keep an eye on the coast of Africa because those Atlantic water temps are above normal currently and as you said the Gulf is really favorable.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
The popcorn hit n miss boomers have been appreciated lately. Needed the rain in a bad kind of way, but we are still wayyyyy behind.

Here's today's Thunderstorm Outlook from the SPC. Looks like S. Dakota and Nebraska are going to have a real bad afternoon. We get a 40% chance, which is good enough in my book.

enh_1600.gif

enh_2000.gif

enh_0000.gif

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Always fun to watch the long range forecast models for what could be, though it usually doesn't materialize when we're talking 10 days out or more.

This is for the 28th of July, and the spinny thing just coming into the GoM would be interesting, if it actually happens.

Attachments

• hurpot72816.png
    hurpot72816.png
    401.9 KB · Views: 824

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
With good high temps, moisture ramping up out of the gulf and a cold front moving in on us from the nnw we will be seeing a good chance for those nasty lightning and wind producing popcorn storms this afternoon and on into the weekend.

enh_1200.gif

enh_1600.gif

enh_2000.gif

DDD

Winter Weatherman
The heat commeth

Lawd have MERCY!!!!

To say it's going to be hot is an understatement. This qualifies as severe. Good grief... It's cooler in the middle of Mexico.

What's even more bad is there is no relief in sight. I look for us to start hearing "heat stroke" and "don't work outside between 11AM - 7PM.

Attachments

• 12z_102.png
    12z_102.png
    589.7 KB · Views: 748
  • 12z_126h.png
    12z_126h.png
    597.8 KB · Views: 768

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Lawd have MERCY!!!!

To say it's going to be hot is an understatement. This qualifies as severe. Good grief... It's cooler in the middle of Mexico.

What's even more bad is there is no relief in sight. I look for us to start hearing "heat stroke" and "don't work outside between 11AM - 7PM.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I hear Montana calling my name. If my air conditioning quits I'm coming to your house.