PDA

View Full Version : weeds in the picture!!!

FERAL ONE
11-25-2006, 06:51 AM
took this photo of me and blazr988 this am and just was not happy with it. we were in a hurry to get home (12 hour night shift before a morning hunt will do that to you). looking into the sun was tough enough but when i saw the blade of grass in the pic i was tweaked. i don't know much about photoshop but i used the paint program to cut and paste pieces over the grass and it worked out pretty well i think. i have used it to remove tongues that were hanging out and to remove bloody spots in pics but this was the biggest thing i have tried. i must say, it would have been a whole lot easier if the camerman would have just paid attention !!!! rob ain't as fussy about pics as i am. he says if i shot my gun as much as i shot my cameras i would not have missed the first time !!! there is always a critic ::ke: ::ke:

FERAL ONE
11-25-2006, 06:52 AM
here is the fixed one.

Arrowslinger
11-25-2006, 09:13 AM
I can't believe how good those photo editor programs are. Nice job on the Photo.:cool:

Pilgrim
11-25-2006, 03:04 PM
Looks awesome to me. I'd have never known it.:clap:

Hoss
11-25-2006, 10:20 PM
Looks like you did a good job editing Feralone. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Hoss

leo
11-26-2006, 07:30 AM
That's an area that I have never tried, but I am going to:clap:

Thanks for posting:)

rip18
11-28-2006, 09:25 AM
Great job, Feral One! Did you use the clone stamp or the healing tool?

FERAL ONE
11-29-2006, 12:54 PM
that is greek to me rip, i used the paint program that came with the computer. i wish i was sharp enough to know how to use a real paint shop for settling down some of those blown highlights i tend to have in my pictures. i just cut and paste stuff that matches and put it over what i want to cover and i use the eyedropper thing to pick up matching colors so i can spraypaint over rough edges. i used the same thing to take a big bullet hole out of my dads deer (so my mom could look at it) and i used it to put a whole bunch of holes in blazr988's deer. it looked like he shot it 15 times !!!:rofl: :rofl: i guess there is a bad and a good side to it.

rip18
11-29-2006, 01:12 PM
Sorry about that Feral One... You do REALLY good using that technique!

There are a couple of "tools" in Photoshop (Elements, CS, etc.) called the "Clone stamp" and the "Spot Healing Brush". You select the size & options of the clone stamp & pick a place to get from & go to. Then it makes the same relative changes whereever you stamp - great for dust spots, powerlines, etc. The healing brush is similar, except that it samples the adjacent area to magically "fix" whatever you want to go away.

shaggybill
11-29-2006, 04:06 PM
From an avid photoshopper, nicely done. You can't even tell you messed with it other than the area 1/4" to the (his) left of his shoulder where you can tell what part you cloned. But hey, that's getting nit-picky.

Also, there ain't a photo editor in the world that can take care of blown highlights. If the highlights are blown in the photo, they stay blown.