Dealing with Personal Attacks

Vernon Holt

Gone But Not Forgotten
Here a pair of helpful suggestions which should help us keep discussions civil as well as being Christian.

(1) Don’t give in to the temptation to respond in the same abusive manner
"Do not return evil with evil, or insults with insults". (First Peter 3:8).

(2) help the arguer (and others) to see that the attack is logically irrelevant and then refocus attention on the discussion at hand. Once the focus is back on the discussion at hand, and not a person, listeners (even opponents) are likely to consider and be persuaded. The Christian’s goal is to present arguments shaped by sound logical and moral principles and to trust God to use them as He pleases.

Taken from "Logic Lessons" by Kenneth Richard Samples.

Handgunner

Short post and to the point.

Point well taken too, Mr. Vernon.

Thanks for sharing.

gordon 2

Vernon, your post is logically irrelevant to the subject which is "helping us with civil discussions". Just tell so and so that his point is illogically irevelant just the aliteration alone of this point will make the hair on a peace activist crop up!:D

Just kidding, you points are well taken....yet I'm not going to point out that your logically irrelevant again, ever... I have seen the devil spin this concept on saints. It ain't pretty. LOL

SBG

Good medicine there Mr. Vernon.

Jeffriesw

Bump

fivesolas

Banned
Good post. Something I aim at.

Free Willie

My parole officer says the same thing.

gtparts

Thought this was the OUIJA board forum. Wait right here and I'll consult the 8 Ball.:banginghe

gtparts

Anyone for a few hands of Internet Tarot?;)