Sights

Caseypatton

I have a stoeger p3000 I went to pattern it in and it's shooting a foot low anyone have any recommendation on after market sights don't want a red dot

Caseypatton

I was looking at those I wasn't sure which size would fit my gun there's 4 sizes I measured the width of the rib and it's a 1/4 inch so is that the one I need

Caseypatton

I went on there sight it didn't say anything about stoeger on there chart is that what they mean the width of the rib

Steve Roberts

Williams Fire Sights universal slugger sight will fit any size vent rib.

JMB

Not really a sight option, but I'd contact Stoger and have them rebarrel the gun. A gun that is that bad off POI is unacceptable. Had a Benelli that shot 8" right and low. Sent it back and it was returned shooting POI. Of course, I've seen POI change with different choke tubes, loads, etc; luckily I've not had that issue with any of my guns except an old 1300 NWTF gun that, much like the organization of its namesake, hit far lower than expectation.

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
How do you have the bead orientated? Do you bury your cheek down and all you see is just the bead and not the rib of the gun??

If you are sighting down the rib, you need to be able to see the entire rib and the bead sitting on top of the rib. At least that's my experience. If you really squash the bead down into the rib, your POI will be lower than sighting down and looking at the bead sitting on top of the rib and shooting that way.

Hope that makes some sort of sense...

hold em hook

Not really a sight option, but I'd contact Stoger and have them rebarrel the gun. A gun that is that bad off POI is unacceptable. Had a Benelli that shot 8" right and low. Sent it back and it was returned shooting POI. Of course, I've seen POI change with different choke tubes, loads, etc; luckily I've not had that issue with any of my guns except an old 1300 NWTF gun that, much like the organization of its namesake, hit far lower than expectation.

Funny you say that I recommended the rifle sights above bc my old NWTF was way off.

Steve Roberts

Caseypatton

I love them wish I had bought them two years ago now if I can talk the turkey into getting close enough to see them I'll be in good shape