Gobbling study.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
I think it's because almost no gobbles are HEARD during winds of excess of 12mph

Timber1

BANNED
I think it's because almost no gobbles are HEARD during winds of excess of 12mph

My thoughts also. They didnt mention gobbling activity during rain either.
I would have to disagree with their humidity theory. In my experience high humidity will shut the birds down.

sea trout

My thoughts also. They didnt mention gobbling activity during rain either.
I would have to disagree with their humidity theory. In my experience high humidity will shut the birds down.

I agree with your high humidity experience. Mine has been the same....UNLESS!!!!! high humidity makes a thunderstorm....I had one gobble at a thunder clap a few years back.....cool too because it was the only reason I killed him. If it wern't for him gobbling at the thunder I was fixin to throw in the towel and head to camp. It was a humid muggy mornin and he barely gobbled from his roost then no gobbles on the ground. Til the thunder....then he revealed he was halfway to me.

DRBugman85

I've heard gobbling in the rain,fog,frost,thunderstorms,100%humidity, Wind blowing 25 mph and killed them in those conditions.Just when mankind thinks that they got it figured out mother nature makes a fool of you.After chasing turkeys over 50 year's I heard and harvested gobblers in every condition possible.Never not go just because the bird don't gobble don't mean he's not there.

bangbird

Sometimes you have to get them fired up when they aren't yet in the mood.

This is one scenario when good calling skills come into play.

M Sharpe

Here is the smartest thing he said....

A turkey hunter, Colbert said the science of gobbling matters far less than one simple rule: You can’t kill a turkey if you aren’t in the woods.

The way I read it, he contradicted himself in the very first two paragraphs.

M Sharpe

Sometimes you have to get them fired up when they aren't yet in the mood.

This is one scenario when good calling skills come into play.

Some days you could fire one up with a flame thrower!

turk2di

I've heard gobbling in the rain,fog,frost,thunderstorms,100%humidity, Wind blowing 25 mph and killed them in those conditions.Just when mankind thinks that they got it figured out mother nature makes a fool of you.After chasing turkeys over 50 year's I heard and harvested gobblers in every condition possible.Never not go just because the bird don't gobble don't mean he's not there.

The best study yet:cool:

sea trout

Never not go just because the bird don't gobble don't mean he's not there.

Perfectly said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:.......wait a minute.....those bad weather days are usually when I have most of the woods to myself....Never mind.....when it's rain in the forecast y'all should stay home::ke: